Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm trying to get this straight. Is the vent run off of the front capped port on the bags, and then t-ed into the drain line right before the thru hull?? Or is there a different way this is done? My brain isn't working today...
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

As for Venting, a T would work but your causing more turbulence then a Y but it does work as i have used a T when i didn't have a Y. < sounds like algebra >

snyderaaron - Can you vent the bags when there is no extra port? No you have to have a port on the top of the bag to vent. Its not a huge thing if you don't have vents but if you have the extra port you should vent it to get the most weight in the bag other wise it leaves air. If your not having an issue with air in the bags, and you don't have a 3rd port its really no big deal. Before when i ran the 400s i had no vent and i wasn't getting much air in them but at the same time they never drained all the way. Sometimes it wouldn't even drain i would get air lock and be stuck with 400lbs of water in my rear bag till i was able to get the air pushed threw the drain pump.

squeeg333 - On your bag you need 3 ports. 1 to drain, 1 to fill and 1 to vent. Other wise this doesn't work.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike, thoughts on a mini vent threaded into the vent hole...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I think any kind of vent will work, its all about just giving the air someplace to exit. I don't think it needs to be the same size as the ports on the bag.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks I will give them a couple ideas... Dont like the idea of having extra hose onto of the bag if I don't have to...

If fly high was smart they would have put a diaphragm in the air release plugs... Problem solved

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Here are a few pics of when I did this about 4-5 years ago. I just used a T fitting and a one way valve off of the evac line to the thru hull. I did this as an overflow/vent. Someone lef a switch on once and it cracked the evac pump, after adding the overflow/vent I have not had that problem since.

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Not a great pic but shows how my rear bags are vented.

Thanks guys....

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

That's perfect Brain. Thanks for that photo. That clears up my question. I've got the 750's (new for me this year), and wanted to vent them. I've got the 3rd port, so this will work well for me.

Thanks guys!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

I'm trying to get the stuff together for all my spring mods. I want to addd a vent line to my front/ski locker bag. I thought it didn't have a hole/plug in the front end but it does. It's not exactly on top but it is on the top side. I figure with the nose high it's high enough to let a heckuva lot of air out if I put a vent line on there. So, I guess I need a fitting. It should just be a W736 to screw into the bag in place of the cap. Then I can use a quick conncect with a barb and a piece of hose to a check valve, then a "Y" connector at the top of the drain line. Does that sound about right?

This is the fitting so if anyone has one in a box I'd love to have it. (I actually need 3 and will order them in a couple of days if no one has them lying around.)

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-p...ting-w736.html
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!