Default Outback Ballast Draining

Im looking to improve the drain time on my Outback (DD). The fill time is not as big of an issue because we just start filling at launch, and by the time we are ready, its almost full. But recently we've been mixing up som skiing too. So I want to dran that sucker fast! Its a 750. What gph is the stock drain pump? Can I just swap it out with a larger capacity pump?
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

A possible quick fix could be as simple as swapping out the stock rule drain pump (I think they are 600 gph) for a tsunami 800 gph. Not sure how big of a gain you are going to get from it, I don't have any personal experience with tsunami pumps. I would think this would help a little and be fairly inexpensive.

If you wanted to go all out and really decrease the empty time, you could change all drain line to 1 inch diameter, use tsunami 1200, change thru hull to 1 inch discharge. Also the bag fitting and quick connect would need to be change to 1 inch as well. This option is a bit more expensive, but I'm sure you would see a drastic change.

Not sure I want to drill out my thru-hull, but how would I change the bag drain to 1 inch?

With flow-rite W743 and W746, replace your existing 3/4 in. fittings with these.

Isn't the opening in the bag 3/4 inch, so that would be a moot point? Or is the idea just to convert the 3/4 inch bag outlet to 1 inch for the tubing?

bag -----------
    ------
    3/4
    ------1 inch screw in
    -----------

wow, that ascii drawing did not turn out!

bag opening is one inch. as Ed stated the inch will work wit the existing thru hull hole. wakemakers now has a fitting fo the 1200, for the proprietary threads.

http://www.wakemakers.com/attwood-12...k-connect.html
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Those 3/4" quick connects are really restrictive. I changed out everything on mine to 1" fittings. You can see in the pic below where I added my auxilary fill/empty ports the diameter difference in the two fittings. The I.D. of the 3/4" fitting is just over 1/2" whereas the I.D. of the 1" fitting is just over 3/4". I am not sure if changing the fitting and hooking it to a 1" hose then adapting it back down to 3/4" for the through hull would help that much. Personally, I would drill out the thru hull and go with 1" from the bag all the way out of the boat and power it with at least a 700-800 gph pump.

[img][/img]

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In