Default Finally ordered my new upgrade

Finally pulled the plug and decided on an upgrade to go with my new HSE. Instead of an internal upgrade I'm going with a new prop. Decided after a year, many reviews of the prop test results and after speaking with acme directly today I've decided on trying the Acme 1161. I currently have the OJ 466 which has been fine ,I'm just hoping to get a little increase in top end and better cruising speeds. The 21V already puts out a massive wake without ballast and we don't do a huge amount of boarding, so I don't see a need to ballast the boat for boarding.
    Anyways ,the fellow I talked with at ACME (forgot his name) was awesome and confirmed what I had been thinking. And wow, is this guy passionate about props.....all the info i wanted.
    I will update on the different characteristics I see between the props when I get it.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

He said his name so quick ,I didn't get it. But he knew you Ed and we discussed the prop testing so that's prob the guy if he was the one who sent ya the props. He can talk, wish I wasn't in the middle of a root canal
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Ed, do you by any chance still have those prop results we did?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Ok, i was just wondering which acme prop I tried-not the one I bought, but the upgrade wakeboard prop
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

thanks--just the info I needed.

acme 1235
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

i'm betting that prop test thread will be resurrected for years to come. would be nice if there was more comprehensive data out there being shared.
    seems that every company has that one guy that knows a certain segment of the business inside and out and if they leave, there's a huge void that can sometimes never get filled.
    sounds like the guy at acme. don't know if he was the same guy I talked to about buying the prop ed had from the testing, but he was VERY informative..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I totally agree, although there was alot of time spent on the test ,there were no conclusions as to which prop you may want.........after I test this new one against my old one I will attempt to draw some conclusions. Cab/Al did a great prop comparison, which as it was perhaps more non biased and more in line with a double blind test helped me in my prop selection. Saying that ,I will be totally transparent and list the side by side comparison numbers. I am hoping that this prop meets my expectations but am ok if it does not , but will have more info in determining which prop i should go to with resect to the application which I want the prop to perform to. I will draw a conclusion
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Conclusions?? I think the data we amassed speaks for itself. I think Stacy, Al and I all bought the same prop (or same one with slightly different cup)-- I think it was the 1161. We don't load up that much and wanted to retain all the top end. The guys that run the XLV or a lot of weight also had a clear choice.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Conclusions?? I think the data we amassed speaks for itself. I think Stacy, Al and I all bought the same prop (or same one with slightly different cup)-- I think it was the 1161. We don't load up that much and wanted to retain all the top end. The guys that run the XLV or a lot of weight also had a clear choice.

Now that's a conclusive statement........must have missed it in the test threads but did come to the same conclusion. Thanks for reiterating it.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug