Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default adding a fulton f2 jack..

so decided to show the trailer some love this spring since I spent a grip on the stereo last year. the factory jack is a pos if you plan on moving the boat around any distance, especially if it's up in the air(and lets face it, who wants to raise/lower it more than you have to), so I decided to look into the fulton jack upgrade.

as you all know, they don't bolt on, but either need a plate welded on, c-clamped to the frame rails(cheesy) or an adaptor plate.

spent a ton of time researching and making phone calls on adapter plates and found a solution if any others are looking to do this mod as well....

-pete at smoothwatersports offers them, but he is horrid to get ahold of(ALL calls go to an answering service. he does return calls, but if you don't answer when he calls, goes straight to answering service again), and read a few stories about 2 months to ship. price is the lowest. have to remove factory center post, so no going back.
    -tim at [email protected] has them for sale for $50 shipped to your door. I bought one from him. quick to ship. pics below. pita to buy from as he does not take paypal, and checks require time to clear. sent M.O. last monday and have it 8 days later. factory post remains should you go back to the original jack.
    -chucktronics out of california on ww has started making and selling them. highest price at $55(not sure if that's shipped or not), but his list being powdercoated. not sure if that's a deal breaker as mine was painted(just like trailer) so it should last.. factory post remains on his as well.

thought I'd post up my experiences shopping for one just incase someone else out there wants to bling-up their trailer as well...

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks SandM.
    I've been researching and found the same sources but not to the point of buying yet so hadn't contacted any of them (or tried). Been scanning the forums and webpages.

Did you buy the matching winch too?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Not matching, but close. Cabelas sent it to me broke, so waitin on a new one

I did this last year and couldn't find anything online so I took it to a local welding shop to ask them about it. They cut a piece for me and welded it on my trailer for $25. But I did have to paint it myself with that little tiny brush that comes with the Boatmate touch up paint. That part took me a little while, but I did put on a few coats.

I need to snap some pics of it since it was painted. Looks fantastic.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

I have been wanting one of those jacks on mine. I hate pushing it with the jack thats on it now.
    99 Moomba Outback with lots of work

Quote Originally Posted by badasshybrid View Post
    I have been wanting one of those jacks on mine. I hate
    pushing it with the jack thats on it now.

Definitely an improvement with the F2. Mine was put on bc of the other one had a broken but I am glad I switched to an F2 now that's it's on. Makes it much easier for my wife to move when helping put it on and off the truck or just when moving it around the garage.

You'll all be happy once its on.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Does anyone know if the fulton F2 winch will bolt on or do you need an adaptor for that too??

I bought this one and it looks like a straight bolt-on. it was broken out of the box so waiting for a replacement, but the boltholes looked like they lined up.

sandm - are the wheels on the F2 easier to position than on the factory jack? I have to kick the hell out of the wheel on the factory jack to get the wheel going in the direction I want in my garage.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Ditto??? And I have a bud that owns a welding shop.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!