Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Battery tray (and box) for 2nd battery

I've seen a bunch of battery installs recently and was wondering where you guys are getting the battery tray from? I can find the boxes online, but having trouble locating the tray that these boxes sit in so they don't slide around.

cheers,
    Aaron
    2009 Outback V

got my boxes at walmart in the auto section.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I did not bother with the tray as I could not find one--just used the straps and mounts the box came with
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I tried to find a tray that was big enough to hold a battey box (24)but was not lucky. I decided to cut the sides off two, (have 2 batteries) and face the cuts toward each other and one strap that will go around both. Since the trays will be screwed down hoping the batteries will be secure.

I've never worried about a tray in any boat, just use the hardware with the box.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I'm trying to find a tray for a 3rd battery and no luck. got my dealer contacting skiers today to see if they have one. if not, I'll probably just go get some plexi and make my own. won't be too hard to buy a piece the same size and cut the middle out of it..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I'm trying to find a tray for a 3rd battery and no luck. got my dealer contacting skiers today to see if they have one. if not, I'll probably just go get some plexi and make my own. won't be too hard to buy a piece the same size and cut the middle out of it..
    Go buy a piece of hdpe at TAP plastics or such, it's cheaper and easier to cut and won't crack like plexi.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by aaroncat View Post
    I've seen a bunch of battery installs recently and was wondering where you guys are getting the battery tray from? I can find the boxes online, but having trouble locating the tray that these boxes sit in so they don't slide around.

cheers,
    Aaron
    I made my own out of some left over King Starboard material and galvanized right angle brackets from Home Depot.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    I did not bother with the tray as I could not find one--just used the straps and mounts the box came with
    Same here. Mine came with a strap and 2 clips to hold the strap to the floor. I just used some Stainless screws and drilled 'em down
    2013 Outback V

I have battery cases that are strapped closed but there not mounted to the floor. My batteries have never moved. I have 2 up front in the cubby and then the third sits against the back of them and then all the back packs and gear behind that and nothing ever moves.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]