Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    This may be a dumb question but how do you know how to match up when you go to drill from the inside? Can you see it?
    A standard hole saw has a drill bit on which you attach the hole saw teeth. The drill bit is used to center your hole, it also protudes further out than the saw. The drill bit will penetrate the inside surface well before the hole is complete. You simple go to the inside of the boat and place the drill bit in the hole and start sawing.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    A standard hole saw has a drill bit on which you attach the hole saw teeth. The drill bit is used to center your hole, it also protudes further out than the saw. The drill bit will penetrate the inside surface well before the hole is complete. You simple go to the inside of the boat and place the drill bit in the hole and start sawing.
    Doh! Forgot about that part......
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Look in my upgraded thread listed in my sig if you want to see a 2 beer job to calm the nerves lol. The hole i put in the nose of my boat i could put my hand threw it. No going back when its that big.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Do not use a regular hole saw. It will chip the gel coat. Goto Home Depot and get a 1" Diamond hole saw. It cuts like a hot knife through butter. I use this when I cut my holes for my new ballast system.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

bringing back old post.. Do you need to epoxy the hole or just use rubber gaskets to help seal the raw fiberglass
    2009 Moomba LSV..Kenwood Head unit Kicker subs and 4 wet Sound tower speakers..3 kicker amps.. Green and Black ( green like the payments black like my eye when i brought it home ) lol J/K

Quote Originally Posted by Gottop69 View Post
    bringing back old post.. Do you need to epoxy the hole or just use rubber gaskets to help seal the raw fiberglass
    sealing the inside of the hole can only help but 3m 4200 or 5200(just about permenant) between the fitting and hull would be fine

ok so no need to seal hole with epoxy?
    2009 Moomba LSV..Kenwood Head unit Kicker subs and 4 wet Sound tower speakers..3 kicker amps.. Green and Black ( green like the payments black like my eye when i brought it home ) lol J/K

Quote Originally Posted by Gottop69 View Post
    ok so no need to seal hole with epoxy?
    not a requirement...... just overkill(i am into to overkill)

Don't really see a reason to use expoxy or sealant on the thru hulls, they don't do it at the mfg level. if you ever change them out it will be a B&tch to get them out using the 3m 4200 or 5200. MY .02 They shouled be well above the water line so splahing and rain water should not seep in.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Don't really see a reason to use expoxy or sealant on the thru hulls, they don't do it at the mfg level. if you ever change them out it will be a B&tch to get them out using the 3m 4200 or 5200. MY .02 They shouled be well above the water line so splahing and rain water should not seep in.
    oh yes... for some reason I am thinking of a thru hull fitting under the waterline.... above the waterline I still used 4200..