Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I had the same Monster Tower that MNKid has on my previous I/O. Personally, I think it's a way better tower than the OEM tower that comes on the Outback/older LSVs that I have now. And the price is right.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

If I didn't have a tower on my boat or wanted to upgrade (which I have thought about) I would check into the Supra 20V tower, maybe try to get a blem or buy one direct from SC. Wonder if that tower would work? http://www.supraboats.com/sunsport20/
    Both boats have the same beam, draft, and length; brings me to think that it would fit. Would not be the cheapest option, but I think it would look the best and add the most value to the boat. It is a little like putting corvette rims on a camaro, lol.....at least that's the way I look at it.

Besides, the tower that I have (1 5/8 in. diameter OBV tower) is not as sturdy, sits a little low, and not as aesthetically pleasing, IMO.

Good luck, don't forget to post pics of the boat with what ever tower you end up with.
    Last edited by 2007 Outback V; 03-21-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Also, forward folding towers are a PIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    Also, forward folding towers are a PIA!!!
    Agreed. I would never recommend a forward folding tower to anyone. And for those of us who have to angle our boat in the garage, the tower actually makes the length of the boat longer.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Like others are saying, I think filling the holes and getting the aftermarket tower you like is the best option. You can get a better looking, larger diameter, rear folding tower for less money, even after getting the holes filled. You'd probably even have enough money left to load that tower up with things like swivel board racks, tower mirror, bimini, or speakers.

I wasnt crazy about the Monster at first but after alot of looking around, and seeing the one here, I like it more and more. Its got a set 70" stance and I'm trying to work with about 61.5" to use my existing holes. I like that Supra one as well, and may be leaning towards one very similiar.

Anyway, heres the update on my quest; I began exploring the many, many aftermarket towers and made alot of inquiries, trying to find a swoop style tower that would mount either at about 39" or 61.5" to utilize my existing holes from the factory tower. I found several custom towers starting at around $1700 to $3K, which obviously would work because they're custom made to my measurements. I learned alot about the universals as well, and cant say I prefer the looks of the custom towers over the universals, and the universals are cheaper, much so in some cases. I couldnt find any postings or reviews indicating any bad experiences with universals or urgings to stay away, and I was able to find a few that would accomodate my situation. What I did learn is that it will be impossible to get mounts that will bolt into my existing pattern, but the mounts will be big enough to cover my existing holes, so I think I'm leaning towards filling the holes myself with a fiberglass filler, drilling the new holes in the same area, and covering the filled holes with the new mounts and not worry about the gel coat. And I'll either fill or put a pop-up cleat over the remaining holes?

My first choice in universals with the correct stance was the Skylon Pro XT, which costs $1900 which is as much or more than a custom so doesnt make sense to me. I've got an inquiry into Avenger for their 2.25, but I think its going to be short. The BigAir "Ice" I learned has a recommended stance of 41 to 48", but I am told stretching it to 61" would be fine. And yea, its ALOT cheaper which has me questioning it, although BigAir seems to have a good reputation and has been around for awhile. And I like the tower, not as much as the Pro XT, but enough. It resembles the above Supra Tower. And I believe it folds backwards. And yea, I should have some for racks, a mirror, and bimini beings the Ice is priced at about $680, and I was ready to spend $2K.

So I'm still doing some checking but thats where I stand today.

And oh yea, the pics will be coming when I finally get this figured out!

http://bigairwaketowers.com/towers/ice/
    Last edited by moomba wannabe; 03-23-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    2005 Outback DD

What about something like this? Holes aren't that big of deal. Gelcoat is very forgiving. Have patience and fix the holes and put any tower you want on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Big-Air-Torrent-...item3366673197

PWI as usual...

Yea, I think I agree with you. I picked up some Formula 27 and already have a gel coat repair kit, so I think I'm going to give a shot at filling the holes and see how they come out. If they end up looking good enough I'm not going to worry about mounting locations......Hope to get to it within the next couple weeks.
    2005 Outback DD