Hybrid View

Default XTP factory tower replacement question

Wondering if anybody has been able to obtain an exact fit replacement tower for whatever reason. I have kind of a unique situation in that I obtained an 05 Outback repo that had the tower removed, so I have a set of 3 empty mounting holes along each side of my boat. Which leads me to believe it had the original factory tower mounted at one time since that tower has three mounting spots. I was moments away from ordering a New Dimension but decided to confirm the mounting positions and ended up sending them my dimensions to learn it wasnt an exact fit. The holes on my boat indicate the center mount location is spaced closer to the front mount location whereas the New Dimension is more or less evenly spaced between the three. SO I would have to fill and redrill the center and rear mounting holes. Hoping to use all existing holes. My guess is the New Dimension tower is an OEM looking tower but not neccesarily an exact fit. Unless my boat had some other 3 mount tower, which Ive not seen or found.

Anyway, my only other lead for a factory tower is XTP who I am told originally made our towers. I have an email into them and just waiting a response. I know theyre with Monster now so wondering if they still make the original. If not my next step is to find a 2 legged tower that happens to utilize my current front and rear mounting locations. Any past experiences or guidance in this matter is appreciated!

2005 Moomba Outback
    2005 Outback DD

I would contact XTP directly - Maybe see if they will sell you one, or perhaps you can even get like a factory second or something and save some $
    2013 Outback V

Also check out New Dimension Towers '03-'06 Outback tower, an exact replica and possibly cheaper than the oem tower.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Yea the New Dimension is what I almost ordered before comparing mounting dimensions, thinking it would be a direct bolt up. Its not. Not to the holes in my boat anyway. I will call XTP next week if I dont hear from them first. Thanks.
    2005 Outback DD

Try to get a hold of Cody at XTP. He is a member over on the Supra forum, might be here, not sure. Just say you were recommended buy some guys on the Moomba forum.

CMTaylor777 had an issue earlier this winter and he made solving the problem a breeze.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I appreciate the information, I will give him a call. Thank you.
    2005 Outback DD