Thread: Engineers Help

Default Engineers Help

Anyone know the calculation for watts to lumens. looking at different underwater LED's some quote in lumens some in wattts??? for example

110 halogen watts = X led lumens
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

One site said this:

In this context, Watts are a measure of electrical power and lumens a measure of light output. So, depending on the efficiency of your light source the equivalency will vary dramatically. For example, a 60 watt conventional light bulb typically gives off 800 lumens. A frosted 60 watt bulb may only give off 500 lumens. A 13 watt CFL will give off that same 800 lumens, which is why 13 watt CFLs are often (erroneously) called 60 watt bulbs.

Here's one with a formula though:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7305200_conv...ts-lumens.html
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yup, what kaneboats said. There is no conversion factor for Watts to lumens. Watts is a measure of power, Joules per second, or Newton meters per second, while lumens is a measure of light power as perceived by the human eye. Wavelengths of light affect perception.......ok I'll stop you get the point. I would base your choices off lumens, which is the important factor. Who gives a rip how many watts, if the light is dim.

Reason I ask . iCal Ed lumitec on the sea blaze 3 underwater led and they would not quote lumens just as bright 110 watt halogen?.....

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

For what it's worth -
    I did the whole research thing last year and read the comparison test on WW and couldn't find any better bang for the buck than "newty's" group buy ($1 per Lumens).

There was a decent deal on Bakesonline for some Atwood's but they had the Malibu logo engraved in them and I'd have to buy the boat to match if I would have gone that route

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I Am looking at vision as well I think it 249 for 720 lumens,group buy was better priced but no green at the time. So about .30 cents per lumen. I saw the malibu as well.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold