Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

count me in if they come around. I remember the last one they said they were too busy and gonna take a break from Group buys..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

There are several Owner's forums that are trying to get a group buy going and none of them are having success. They do make a great product though I have had mine for one season and think its worth full price.

how much for the faux teak pad?
    2007 Outback V

Default I'm in

Count me in - just let me know when you're ready to place the order. LOVE the faux-teak!

Hey guys,

First I just want to say that the Moomba forum was one of the first to really get behind SeaDek in a big way and we haven't forgotten that. You guys have helped us to learn a lot about our products and brought us to the attention of a lot of other people in the industry and continue to be a valuable resource. I keep an eye on the forum pretty regularly and always find something interesting in the threads.

In regard to group buys and our recent policy change. When we first started the group buys we were only dealing with on or two groups a month and while back and forth emails and organizing of individuals information was a bit time consuming, it wasn't overwhelming. Since then however our situation has changed a bit.

First, we've grown. Thanks to people like you, other owners forums have learned about us and instead of one or two group buys a month from one forum we are getting a dozen group buy requests from lot's of forums like yours. That means organizing, coordinating and answering questions from hundreds of people, sometime working through the group leader and sometimes directly with the individuals and as you can imagine things quickly deteriorate from a "group buy" into a bunch of individual orders thus nullifying the original idea of a group buy all together. This has overwhelmed our internal resources which we are still rebuilding after the damage done by the cuts we had to make during the down turn in the marine industry. Because of this we ended the group buy program, at least for the time being.

Secondly, we try to match pad to boat info as best we can but it is hard to verify all the different model years to swim platform outlines definitively. Many manufacturers use the same platform for different boats and then we find some boats of the same model year get different platforms. We ask that each customer we work with verify the dimensions of their platform compared to the pad we are producing for them so that we can be sure the pad is going to fit before it goes out the door. Early on we had to remake a lot of pads because we made assumptions about sizing. Making a pad, shipping it to a customer and then having to make a new one and trash the old one because it didn't fit isn't a good business model and doesn't make for happy customers, so now we measure twice and cut once as my Grandfather used to say.

All that said, I'm sorry that you had a frustrating experience 07. We've built our name on customer satisfaction and don't intent to let our growth effect that. As a U.S. manufacturer we take a lot of pride in our product and our loyalty to our customers and their support. I am creating a discount code for 15% off all orders place online or over the phone from today until April 15th. The code is: MOOMBA15. Enter this code during checkout on the store or just give it to us when you call in your order.

Also, just to clarify, we are not currently supplying Moomba with product. I believe they have chosen to work with another supplier but I'm not sure who. You'll have to check with the factory.

Thanks you guys again for all your support. If there is ever anything I can do personally to assist you in the future don't hesitate to drop me an email: [email protected]

Al the best,

Jason Gardner
    VP Advertising
    SeaDek, Inc.
    485 Gus Hipp Blvd.
    Rockledge, FL 32955

dang.. I just received my 18"x75" pad to replace the trailer padding
    could have used 15% off....

It's real nice stuff.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Jason that's awesome that you showed up to explain the situation, and even more awesome that you're hitting us with a nice discount.

Had it not been for this forum I probably wouldn't know anything about your product- as it stands I just finished installing my new moombaroo platform pad. I can't wait to see how it holds up to the rigors of the boating season.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Jason kudos for the explanation and for the forum discount. Can you make that retroactive to dec 15, 2010 when I ordered mine. Lol just kidding can't wait to get it on next month.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    Had it not been for this forum I probably wouldn't know anything about your product.
    Same Here. Glad I joined if only for that bit of knowledge but I've gotten so much more. Great stuff and pretty much sells itself once you feel it.
    Have the swim step pad and then just ordered some more for custom applications (a little more $$ than hydroturf or other stuff) but worth it!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Have the swim step pad and then just ordered some more for custom applications (a little more $$ than hydroturf or other stuff) but worth it!
    I'm thinking of ordering some for the bow walkthrough- for some reason my boat doesn't have carpet there and it can lead to some nasty tumbles when the youngsters don't stay put while the moomba is turnin' and burnin'
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float