Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

I pulled the carpet yesterday and laid all the panels back in place. I assumed that there would be some spacing issues because of the carpet missing seams. I figured I would have to bulk up the panels to fill the gaps because they would now be exposed. Holy crap when I laid the panels back in, there were up to 1" gaps everywhere. The floor gaps aren't straight, and the panels don't lay flat in place. the carpet really fudges and hides a tone of imperfections in the floor. EVA is just not going to be doable. Looks like I'll be going back to new carpet with a sacrificial inlay of more carpet to protect it.

I'll post pics of the step by step when I get it all done. In the mean time I'm going to be ordering more carpet.

This would be a very easy job for you guys with the 08 and older outbacks, but with the multiple panels in the floor in the LSV its just not going to work.

PWI as usual...

hey newty,
    thanks for the update but that is TOO BAD that it's not going to work. I was really looking forward to what you came up with as far as finished product

I guess there really was no other way to find out other than dig into it like you did? Unless you'd have been there every step of the way during the build and/or know exactly how they put these boats together.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    I pulled the carpet yesterday and laid all the panels back in place. I assumed that there would be some spacing issues because of the carpet missing seams. I figured I would have to bulk up the panels to fill the gaps because they would now be exposed. Holy crap when I laid the panels back in, there were up to 1" gaps everywhere. The floor gaps aren't straight, and the panels don't lay flat in place. the carpet really fudges and hides a tone of imperfections in the floor. EVA is just not going to be doable. Looks like I'll be going back to new carpet with a sacrificial inlay of more carpet to protect it.

I'll post pics of the step by step when I get it all done. In the mean time I'm going to be ordering more carpet.

This would be a very easy job for you guys with the 08 and older outbacks, but with the multiple panels in the floor in the LSV its just not going to work.
    A bit of advice from experience, go with a tight weave berber carpet. May not look as plush but it will hold way better than a pile carpet. The carpet overlay from Matworks I have it a tight weave, rubber backed Berber and it looks as good beginning of year to end. The only drawback to it is it's harder to deep clean but i use a carpet shampoo'er on it.
    2007 Mobius LSV

My push buttons came in, and I love 'em! They are a touch smaller than I thought they'd be, but that actually works out good for what I am thinking.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

I removed the pin for the center locker and added the same type of lock to the door that the engine cover has. Now this way, the center locker door does not pop up when the bag is full. Now no one can complain that they are stubbing their toes. I will post pictures later.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Default Spring Projects

Eventhough I just got my boat I have already started on a project list.

1. Integrated Ski Locker Ballast (Complete)

2. Replace headunit with Kenwood KMR440U (Waiting on arrival)

3. Replace 4 factory cabin Speakers with new Polk DB651's, bow already had them. (Complete)

4. SeaDek pad (Ordered)

5. New Amp Rack

6. Subwoofer install
    Last edited by E4NASH; 04-08-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

My spring project will be scratch removal.

I purchased all new OEM hull stickers and plan to remove my original stickers to buff out all the scratches in my gelcoat.

- Porter Cable 7424XP with yellow, black and while 6.5" Pads
    - Wetsand Paper
    - 3M Marine Rubbing Compound
    - 3M Marine Finesse-It II Glaze
    - Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I've finally started just in the last week here:

1) Move batteries from stern to front passenger compartment *in progress*
    2) Upgrade Tower Amp *in progress*
    3) Upgrade(?) Cabin Speakers *in progress*
    4) Redo front of sub enclosure
    5) Complete ballast system overhaul - 1100 bags in rear both sides, 750 in belly, T1200 pumps filling and draining everything, all new switches/wiring
    6) New cover, possibly rear deck upholstery redone/repaired
    7) New trailer tires & spare tire mount
    New skid steps on trailer
    10) New guide bunk pads
    11) Small trailer fender dent repair
    12) Add more LED accent lighting
    13) iPod Nano touch mounted by driver stereo remote
    14) General cleanup and tightening anything with a screw, nut or bolt on it
    And probably a few more little things I've forgotten about.

I'd already be done if only I had a heated garage to work in! Going to be an expensive year...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro (just arrived)

Rewire amps / tower speakers (75% complete)

3rd Battery (done)

All new ballast 3-1200 fill stock drains, 750's in rear lockers. (50%)

Swivel seat (done)

Full service.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

You forgot one - installing the Polk MM651's in your cabin...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...