Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

The bow is looking pretty dark now... May need a few strips tucked in up there too.

Thinking about speaker rings for the tower as well. I can't tuck them into the grills to copy Ian like I was originally hoping to so we'll see what happens.

Not sure if this is starting to look like a UFO or Vegas Baby!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

NICE! I love the glove box LED - for mine I put a 5 'puck' in the lid, and covered the wires with black vinyl, but yours is much cleaner, I might have to switch it up.

Do you have any daylight pictures of the rubrail LED? What did you use for that?

It looks absolutely awesome - inspiration for me to wire up some more in my boat, lol.

Beware; bugs are on their way!
    2013 Outback V

Looks great man! I absolutely love the lights I added to my glovebox and cooler, it just makes sense!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Looks great. Im also interested to see daylight pics of under the rubrail.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Looks great man! I absolutely love the lights I added to my glovebox and cooler, it just makes sense!
    Thanks and thanks for the idea! I was following your upgrade thread with all the red LEDs everywhere.

I have a few flood style modules left over as well as 5 of the cupholder lights and another 4' strip since I changed plans on the fly. Not sure if I'll use them or where. Kind of felt like a kid in an arcade with a handful of quarters that I'm just dying to use up. Also found that I like the glow from the strips a little better than the flood light modules so I am going to get a few more shorter ones for under the bow cushions.

Don't have any daylight shots of the lip under the rubrail but I'll snap one soon. That is two 3ft sections. Single hole drilled in the middle for the wires to go through so it looks like one continuous strip when lit up. Just looking straight at it you'd never know it's there.

Under rubrail of the LED strips. Not sure if the newer hulls have the same ledge that I do there?

You can see a few of the dimples where it started to curve that I had to go back and flatten out again - used a bit of superglue to keep them from wrinkling like that again.

Berg, Looking good. Where did you get all the LED's from?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Berg- looks great. love the platform light that looks awesome.
    2010 LSV

Nice work Berg!!! We need to talk! I'm going to have to get some LED info from you.

PWI as usual...

Jester -

Oznium Superflux 4-chip for the glovebox, cooler, and rear compartments. These are the ones most guys use in the cupholders.

SuperBrightLeds - I used a few of their ALM Series accent lights. Two in the bow, one shining forward from under the rear cushion up the walk way, one underneath the glovebox by the amps. And a similar one under the helm shining down on the subwoofer. I actually have a couple of the ALM rectangles that aim out sideways above the rear speakers but they don't do a whole lot. Kind of shine across the cabin. Oh and a couple of waterproof flex strips shining down in the rear comparments

Ebay - The strips, which I'm starting to like the best, are the SMD flexible waterproof ones with 3M backing. I tried a few from a seller in Hong Kong or China, they took almost 3 weeks to get here, and were brittle - cracked in half and died as soon as I unrolled them. Found a US seller out of Cali that ships quick and they work great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

You can cut these down as needed - every 3 LEDs without destroying them. Same ones I believe that Ian and Dusty used in their installs as well.

Newt - My trip today may be foiled by crap weather once again. If so I'll be bumming around the house. May be able to come and drink all your beer if that's the case. Or vice versa.