Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

(DONE) Move batteries from stern to front passenger compartment
    (DONE) Upgrade Tower Amp
    (DONE) Upgrade Cabin Speakers
    4) Redo front of sub enclosure
    (DONE) Complete ballast system overhaul - 1100 bags in rear both sides, 750 in belly, T1200 pumps filling and draining everything, all new switches/wiring
    6) New cover, possibly rear deck upholstery redone/repaired
    (DONE) New trailer tires & spare tire mount - (Well at least the spare part anyway)
    (DONE) New skid steps on trailer
    (DONE) New guide bunk pads
    (DONE) Small trailer fender dent repair
    12) Add more LED accent lighting
    (IN PROGRESS) iPod Nano touch mounted by driver stereo remote
    (DONE) General cleanup and tightening anything with a screw, nut or bolt on it
    (NEW/DONE) Moved driver side stereo remote.

I think next for me will be the LED lighting after looking at another one of Mr Ashton's fine updates I've got a box of strips, cuholder and other modules just sitting there waiting to go in!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Most of my projects sit for a while before I get the motivation and time to actually do them. My ACR, battery switch, Kicker ZX1000.1, and new amp distro blocks are all sitting in a box waiting on me, haha.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post

Ian,
    I used 2 of the same switches for my LED's and have used them for about a month now. I'm having issues with a short in them. I've narrowed it down to the switches. I had noticed that when they are off, sometimes there is a dull glow in the switch LED and therefore some power going to the LED's wired to the switch.
    Have you encountered any troubles similar? Maybe it's due to my connections on the back. I did not solder them and maybe that will solve it?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Ian,
    I used 2 of the same switches for my LED's and have used them for about a month now. I'm having issues with a short in them. I've narrowed it down to the switches. I had noticed that when they are off, sometimes there is a dull glow in the switch LED and therefore some power going to the LED's wired to the switch.
    Have you encountered any troubles similar? Maybe it's due to my connections on the back. I did not solder them and maybe that will solve it?
    I haven't noticed this issue at all. I also didn't solder mine, although I plan to over the winter. I used heat shrink on each of the individual terminals, and then electrical tape'd them all together, with the hope that it would give some added strength to the super tiny terminals.

I also have mine wired into other switches though; IE: the top 2 switches control interior LEDs and Underwater LEDs - they tap into the accessory switch, so they only work when that switch is On. The bottom 2 control tower speaker amp turn on, and tower speaker LEDs, and tie into the Radio switch; again, they only turn on when the Radio switch is On.

I did this to avoid accidentally leaving one of the buttons pushed and not noticing, this way when I kill the power on the dash switches, I know everything else is off as well.
    2013 Outback V

The other day I decided to move my zone volume controls into the panel with the ignition. I had ordered some nice aluminum knobs for them to jazz it up a bit.

What I started with:

Testing out the spacing, as the circuit boards for each knob is quite a bit larger than the knob its self:

To keep them on the same plane I measured down from the "Blower" text at the B and the R, then laid out the blue masking tape. Each knob is 3mm apart;

The finished product; I need to tweak the center knobs position, as its angled up making it look unlevel. I think its due to the way I circuit boards positioned, I haven't really tweaked it yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Looking good Ian! Where did you get the aluminum knobs? I am about to do the same.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

LED Project - nearing completion. I had a few already, but then a few is never enough...

Added two strips tucked up under the back cushion. Love that glow.

I had ordered 10 of the cupholder Ozniums, but after adding the strips up above the speakers I decided that would be a bit too much. Kind of like the simple glow.

And more-
    One module for the storage which is also where all the lifejackets and sweatshirts usually end up at the end of the day.

Each storage compartment.

And the last beer is mine! I thought twice about drilling a hole in the cooler but then again, it's not like it works all that great anyway... This would look really cool if it were packed with ice having the blue light reflect off it.

Rear compartments shining down on the ballast bags - usually covered by wet towels and stuff by night time.

Dude where's my keys and phone? In the glovebox...

And this one I've been wanting to do for a while. I'm not quite ready to spring for underwater LEDs so I added a few strips up under the lip of the hull shining down onto the platform. Pics don't really do it justice - looks way cool in the pitch black and will look even better reflecting off the water.

[IMG]