Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Ian,

Nice work flush mounting the switch. I was going to do that as well but the panel I mounted it to was too thick so I ended up driling a hole behind the switch and running all the wires to it that way.

Looking forward to seeing the finish product. Did you get a chance to check the new ACR?

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cab: haven't tried the new ACR yet; I forgot it at home, now we are at the cottage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Ian is your spare a 5 or a 6 bolt hole pattern?

if it's a 6, what did that spare Mount cost you?
    My trailer is 6 lug, the spare holder is 4 or 5 lug, as such there is cuttently only 1 bolt holding the spare to the bracket. It seems solid enough, it's lasted 300 miles so far (famous last words) It was $40 at West Marine.
    2013 Outback V

A few more pictures

I re-did the LEDs above the subwoofer - before I had a single 12" solid tube - I replaced it with a ~36" flexible LED strip (the same as what I used to illuminate my tower speakers.)

I was so happy with how it looked that I ordered 2 more 48" strips to put in the gunnels, pictured below with the same 12" LED tubes that I replaced above the sub. The 48" strips will go all the way across, which will look a lot better.

At some point I plan to add some blue LED pods under the back seat area - I have ballast plumbed in, so when the bag is there you won't be able to see the lights, but after my injury I haven't wakeboarded with ballast in the boat, and I certainly don't with use the ballast when skiing. In fact, the 800 pound bag is in my garage, and the 400 pound bag is in my car, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

I'd like you all to give a nice round of applause to the founding member of LEDs Anonymous, Mr Ian Ashton...

Ok - did I miss a pic of the tower speaker LEDs or just didn't post here?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Looks damn good! I'm jealous as mine is sitting in the garage all finished up and ready to hit the water. Unfortunately we've been hit with the 100year storm and it won't let up. Thanks for posting for us Northerners!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I'd like you all to give a nice round of applause to the founding member of LEDs Anonymous, Mr Ian Ashton...

Ok - did I miss a pic of the tower speaker LEDs or just didn't post here?
    LOL

I haven't finished wiring the tower LEDs, but they are the same idea as the in-boats, just bigger LEDs.
    2013 Outback V

Ian you mentioned that you installed a reverse camera on your trailer. How and where did you mount that? I can see that being real handy.
    2008 Outback

Quote Originally Posted by cachais View Post
    Ian you mentioned that you installed a reverse camera on your trailer. How and where did you mount that? I can see that being real handy.
    I drilled a hole in the right side down tube for the prop guard - I used a flush mount camera that I got on eBay for $20, and it works great. I tied the power into the trailer reverse lights, and then ran the video RCA all the way up to the front. For now the RCA is on the outside of the trailer, I didn't have a lot of time, but I imagine that at some point I'll re-run the wire on the inside of the trailer tube. I'll post a picture in a bit...
    2013 Outback V

Trailer camera:

2013 Outback V

I spent a little time last night finishing up some more on the LED system. I replaced the 12" LED bars that I had in the gunnels with 48" flexable LED strips. The problem that I was having with the strips is that they bend, alot, making the light distribution look kinda off. My solution was to secure them to 48" AL channel, then mount the channel into the gunnel. It worked perfectly, now I get even distribution of light, and its much brighter.

(If you look closely you can kind of see my rusty screws, haha)

I also finally wired up the lights in the tower speakers - our lake does 4th of July fireworks on the water, so I wanted to have all my lights up and running for that. I didn't stay out late enough to see them in the dark, but at dusk they were noticeable, I'm sure at night they'll look killer.

I know, I know, Krypt speakers, OMG they are the worst company ever, they steal designs, yada yada. I'll say this; I've used the tower speakers about 5 times, I mostly wanted them because they look cool (LOL), so given the low cost, they were a no brainer. They sound decent, and fill the tower giving it that 'look'. Some day I'm sure I'll switch to something fancier, but thats pretty low on the list.
    2013 Outback V