Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Ian,

How many batteries do you have in total? 2 or 3?

Give me a call - I can help with this. I don't think there is anything wrong with your ACR and I think this is a simple fix.

Al 503-333-5099
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Ian,

I am going to assume that you only have two batteries - one for the stereo, one for starting. If so, then you don't want them wired parallel - remove the cable connecting the pos terminals together. But leave the cable connecting the negative terminals together.

Now the ACR can automatically combine or isolate your batteries as needed.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al,

Thanks for the offer! I did remove the jumper connecting the positive terminals before I installed the ACR - I didn't have a chance to mess with it in Sunday, so I don't have any new info, but I'm pretty certain that the wire I used for SI was bad - its a really small gauge 'left over' I found in the garage from an old project.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Al,

Thanks for the offer! I did remove the jumper connecting the positive terminals before I installed the ACR - I didn't have a chance to mess with it in Sunday, so I don't have any new info, but I'm pretty certain that the wire I used for SI was bad - its a really small gauge 'left over' I found in the garage from an old project.
    Ian,

I don't think the SI wire is the problem but let me know what you find out.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

SI wire has nothing to do with the switching as i havnt wired my SI line and the switching is working like it should.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I definitely think it's the ACR - I completely disconnected and at rest its connected (measuring resistance between A & B)

Hooked it back up, disconnected the battery ground jumper (separating A & B ground) measured voltage at A & B terminal on ACR using battery A ground and got the same voltage (IE: connected)

It also makes no noises or anything - I figured you might hear a click or something when it combines (like how relays click) - is that not the case?
    Last edited by ian ashton; 05-23-2011 at 07:18 PM.
    2013 Outback V

Ian,

Do me favor and wire the ACR exactly as shown below. Disconnect the SI wire for now. I assume you don't have the switch wired yet and that's fine. Then start your engine or connect a battery charger to the starting battery. Check the voltage at the starting battery and verify that it reads at least 13.0 volts. If so, wait at least two minutes and the green light should come on and stay on (and yes, you will hear a soft click). If not, then yes, the ACR could be faulty.

Al

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

That's exactly what I did - what I found odd was that the voltage drop read at both terminals while starting too - that was kind of my tip that it was faulty. No worries, I've got it in my car ready for exchange

THANK YOU for all the help trouble shooting! Beers on me if you are ever in Michigan!
    2013 Outback V

No problem Ian. Hope the next one works!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I exchanged the ACR and started working on panel that all this stuff is going to be mounted on. My ground distro block arrived, but not the power, so I'll wait 'till I have that to actually wire it up.

First I made a template with posterboard, then transferred it to 1/8" birch:

Playing around with the layout (I painted the panel black):

I decided to flush mount the switch, and I'm going to drill holes for each wire and run everything through the back. Once I get the layout right and the holes drilled I'll wrap it in grey vinyl to match my drivers side sub facia.

I also finally got around to putting a spare on the trailer. I rarely tow, but when I do its a few hundred miles each way, so I figured it would be a good investment. I got the matching wheel & tire from Belle Tire for like $190 out the door, and just went with the Fulton mount from West Marine - it was kind of an impulse thing before our trek to Torch Lake. I think it looks good and it works, so thats all that matters

I also installed a reverse camera into the trailer - this is the coolest thing ever, makes backing into the drive way or getting out of gas stations extra easy, and probably a little safer too. It plugs directly into the in-dash in my car, so there is no screwing around with stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V