Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Not a modification, but this just arrived (another thing I forgot that I ordered, lol) I can't wait to test it out!

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

ian,

you'll love that stuff. does take some effort, but works amazing. you won't be able to do a small spot. once you do, it'll stand out to do the whole interior don't forget that you need to protect after you do it. I like babes cause it smells amazing..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I had a big to-do list but I narrowed it down since it's already March...

Install Exile sub enclosure & new sub (just waiting on new enclosure, first one got busted up in shipping.)
    Install Alpine m1000 amp to power new sub
    Replace all spa hose with ballast hose
    Wetsand a few board dings on the transom and polish the whole boat
    Repaint lower windshield frame and somehow secure those stupid snaps
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    Brain, please keep us in the loop as to how you go about securing those snaps. Them moving around and scratching the thin layer of paint off the window frame is bugging me. Not enough yet to make me remove the entire frame and re-paint, but, if I don't get them secured, it'll get to that point!!

My only mod for this summer is going to be istalling an IBS, and upgrading my rear sacks to 750's. If anyone knows of someone looking to sell just ONE 750 sack, let me know!

Oh, yeh, maybe install better speaker wire for my tower speakers, and clean up my modest stereo mod that I did last summer.

The list will grow, I'm sure... though with baby #1 on the way, funds are going to get tight!!
    When I repainted my windshield last year I was determined not to let those stoopid snaps scratch up the frame again. Heres what I did:
    1. Having removed all the snap clips and painting the frames, I laid the cover over the boat.
    2. I used the velcro on the bow cover to hold the front in place, and I loosely attatched the straps on the back of the cover to keep it in place.
    3. I made sure the cover was perfectly centered and the cover was laying right where it was supposed to be.
    4. One at a time I reinstalled the snaps right under the cover snaps and snapped them in place.
    5. I then tightened the rear cover straps down.
    6. One at a time I went back and unsnapped, and squirted superglue through the middle of the snap clip, making sure not to get glue on the snap itself, but also ensuring that the glue was starting to seep out from under the clip.
    7. Snapped it together and moved to the new snap.
    8. Although overlooked it is often the most important step in any boat mod... You must have a cold beer and admire your work while it dries.

I ran all season with no issues and no scratched frames, and I tow with my snap covers all the time.
    Super easy fix and a cure to scratched frames. I wish I had done it when it was new.

As for my Mods this year,
    Going to the 3 pump 1" ballast
    4 SXT65's to complement the tower
    Dumping the two kicker 10" and shoehorning 2 JL 12W6's in there somewhere.
    Delete carpet add seadek, Hydroturf, Nuteak. This is going to take some work but I think I'll be much happier in the long run.
    I'd like to do some LED's in the Z-5.

PWI as usual...

speak from experience.. 1-12w6 will rock your boat
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by newty
    Delete carpet add seadek, Hydroturf, Nuteak. This is going to take some work but I think I'll be much happier in the long run.
    I would LOVE to do this. Let me know what you do and how you buy; if you need someone to go in on it and get a "bulk" rate I'm game!
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    speak from experience.. 1-12w6 will rock your boat
    Then two should be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I would LOVE to do this. Let me know what you do and how you buy; if you need someone to go in on it and get a "bulk" rate I'm game!
    Ian, yours would be easy with the 1 piece floor. I'll keep you posted on sheet size availability.

PWI as usual...

The more I read this string...the more I see a stereo upgrade in my future...Alot of great ideas.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Deleat carpet add seadek, Hydroturf, Nuteak. This is going to take some work but I think I'll be much happier in the long run.

Now that will be something
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Now that will be something
    Now if I could quit talking about it and just do it... I've been threatening to do it for 2 years now.

PWI as usual...

That would be a fantastic upgrade... have you estimated the cost? How will you deal with the removeable panels? Maybe you could get Seadek to make a kit using your boat as a template.