Threaded View

Default Spring Projects: Who is doing what?

I've got a bunch of stuff on the way, and I can't wait to get started and back into boating season.

Here is my to-do list, so far:
    • Install transom LED (thanks again for the group buy newty!)
    • Install Exile interior speakers (thanks again Brian!)
    • Install new LED switches
    • Re-do Kicker Dual Zone Volume control and Sub volume knobs
    • More interior LEDs
    • Blue LEDs for guages

All of this stuff is either sitting here, or in the mail. Needless to say I've gone on a bit of a shopping spree this week, haha.

So, my plan is to use some nice push button switches to create a new switch panel in the area marked by the red box:

Also on the list is to get rid of ^^that^^ depth sounder and get a round guage that also reads water temp, in the factory guage location.

The layout will be something like this (not to scale):

I plan to make a template on paper with the proper spacing, then use it to drill pilot holes in the fiber glass for each individual switch/knob, then mounth each piece into the hull individually, rather than making a piece that will screw into the boat as one, I think this will look much cleaner. I'm also thinking that I'll switch out the Kicker knobs for something in Stainless or AL, to match the switches.

This is what the push button switches look like. I got 'em on eBay and they are coming from Hong Kong, so it will probably be a long wait, lol:

If I'm able to sell my Kenwood Head Unit I also plan to switch to an Alpine unit, as I like their remote with the LCD screen, and the option of having a wireless RF remote, and the 3 sets of 4V pre-outs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V