Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 11 Outback V View Post
    You can order the adapter from Boatmate.

Check your loading procedure!!!!
    Why are you needing to replace the winch, ever?
    Do you winch the boat up on the trailer? Try driving the boaton the trailer. I do this and only need to tighten the winch about 3 inches each time.
    Some areas of the country it's not allowed to power load at the ramps. And some of them don't have a good angle to get the trailer deep enough. This can be tough on a winch and strap.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 11 Outback V View Post
    You can order the adapter from Boatmate.

Check your loading procedure!!!!
    Why are you needing to replace the winch, ever?
    Do you winch the boat up on the trailer? Try driving the boaton the trailer. I do this and only need to tighten the winch about 3 inches each time.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking!
    2013 Outback V

fyi, adapter from boatmate is over $80. they don't stock it, don't make it, but can order it, presumably from the same people that everyone else is getting it from. boatmate doesn't stock it since it's not made by fulton. I would suspect that they are trying to avoid any sort of liability issue if it should damage the trailer.
    looks like smoothwatersports and chucktronics are the 2 so far that carry it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Some areas of the country it's not allowed to power load at the ramps. And some of them don't have a good angle to get the trailer deep enough. This can be tough on a winch and strap.
    I soak the bunks, pull forward so that the front edge is emerging from the water, coast the boat up till it stops on the bunks, latch, and crank. I don't power load, mostly because I'm affraid something will go wrong and the boat will plow into the tow vehicle, lol.
    2013 Outback V

I never really considered the adapter I guess. I was planning to just cut off the old plate, hit it with some paint, then bolt the new Fulton in the same place.

it'll never look good if you do that. the new fulton plate for the f2 really needs to be welded on. seems that the plates should run in the $35 range. I can't get a buddy to come over for much less than that with a welder, not to mention grinder time/paint time and this way looks somewhat factory
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Somewhere I saw a Fulton bolted on with U bolts, same way the spare tire mounts get put on. But now that you mention it that does seem a little dicey to mount it that way.

The last one I saw flush bolted to the stock mount and had threaded holes for the Fulton. Best looking setup so far and no welding neccessary.

Here's a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Razzman; 03-04-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

2007 Mobius LSV

Morgan, how long is the strap in your current winch? The original strap on mine was 10'. When it wore out and ripped, I could only find a 20' replacement quickly. Due to the increased radius when it's almost winched in, it's much harder to get that last foot or so done. The winch is under far more load than with the original, shorter strap. I found a 15' model on-line somewhere and will order it.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini