Default Where do you guys put your wakeplate while surfing?

So we have been out surfing probably 4 times since buying our boat (2007 lsv with gravity 3) and are trying to get the wake dialed in. This is what we have found out so far; About 9 mph, 750 lb sack in the surfing side locker, 400 lb sack in the middle ski locker, 2-3 people on the back surfing side, and the wake plate about 1/2 way up according to the gauge. The wave seems to be better on the port side I believe due to the rotation of the prop? This seems to give us a pretty good wake so far, but any tips would be great. I know I can add more ballasts but probably won't for the time being. thanks guys.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I run all the way up unless I have a lot of people. Then, I run just above half way up. This is at about 10 mph and with 750 in the port rear locker, 400 (filled to about 330 or so) under the seat where the cooler used to be, and 400 in the center floor. For my daughter who ways about 115# I run just under half way on the plate.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Plenty of weight, but 1100 would be better. That is my setup, 1100 surf side 400 ski locker. Yes goofy side is better due to prop rotation. I only have 650 in that locker and it's good.

Wakeplate all the way up is what I like, it's steepest. I put it at half ot 3/4 for some more inexperienced people. But last night my one buddy said he liked it all the way up too and he's barely past dropping the rope.

You're going too slow. 10.3 with your setup is about minimum in my experience. I ride at 11.

Adding people just makes the wake bigger, but we surf with just a driver in the boat all day long.

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

My ballast surf set up is the same as yours but I run at 10 mph with the wakeplate all the way up. Be sure your speedo is calibrated. Since the boat is new two you, bring a gps with you next time out and calibrate your speedo.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Surfed for a few hors last night with the wakeplate all the way up at about 9.5-10 mph and we were getting a pretty good wave.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I run with 750 in the rear locker and 400 in the center. I have perfect pass set at 10.3. With the wake plate all the way up.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

The problem is that every boat and every load (people, fuel, cargo etc.) is different. Even if you have the same ballast and trim setup everything else changes with different people and what you bring on, even fuel consumption.
    Two 115# kids wanted to go to the bow which completely changed the wake (made it better).

Maybe some discussion on weight placement and ratios (front to back, side to side) or formulas that work best. After that there is fine tuning but that is another thing. What are the best theories?

I am replacing everything with 1,100 in each locker and 1,200 in the locker up front so I will be starting completely over from stock.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

wakeplate all the way up with my wife and kid in the boat, more people and the wake plate comes down
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Where do you guys put your wakeplate while surfing?

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    wakeplate all the way up with my wife and kid in the boat, more people and the wake plate comes down
    ^^^^^^This
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Trim tabs (or the Wake Plate for you guys), as the same effect on the wake as shifting the ballast in the boat from front-to-rear or vice versa.

Putting the plate in a more up position will have the same impact as moving the distribution of weight back in the boat; you'll get a taller, shorter wake with more push. So if you don't have that much weight in the boat, you're a heavier rider, or you're on a smaller, slower board, you'll probably want the Wake Plate in a more up position.

Putting the plate down more will have the same impact as moving the distribution of weight forward in the boat; you'll get a longer, shorter wake with less push. You're "spreading" the wake out further behind the boat. So if you have a lot of weight in the boat, you're a lighter rider, or you're on a bigger, faster board, you'll probably want the Wake Plate in a more down position to give you the longest wake possible that still has enough push to support you without the rope.