Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question 2000 Moomba Outback Died While Running

When we took our boat out at the launch, it started fine... was idling rough but stayed running. Got out on the lake idling, doing ok. But when we tried to speed up a little, the boat died. It wouldn't crank, starter won't turn. Tried jumping the starter to crank, but it wouldn't do anything. Also tried tapping on the starter, but got nothing. The boat is getting gas. Electrical is completely dead. All the gauge positions stayed right were they were at (at running) and wouldn't reset even when boat was shut off. Any ideas what the problem might be? Thank you!

Not sure , but do you remove your speedo pick up lines off your mdc during winterization?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Did you hit the master reset button on the back of the engine? Did you check the lanyard? Are you saying the engine won't turn over at all? Or are you saying it will turn over but just not start? Please clarify. We can probably help but you have to be very specific.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Does it have the Lanyard kill? Check that too!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

It might be a long shot, but mine died kind of like that once. It turns out, I had knocked one of the electrical leads off the back of the key switch, and it killed everything. My heart stopped for a minute until I found out what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Not sure , but do you remove your speedo pick up lines off your mdc during winterization?
    No, never done that. The only thing I did was put antifreeze in the block and the manifolds and unhooked battery.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Did you hit the master reset button on the back of the engine? Did you check the lanyard? Are you saying the engine won't turn over at all? Or are you saying it will turn over but just not start? Please clarify. We can probably help but you have to be very specific.
    I tried to hit the master reset button on the back of the engine, but it didn't do anything. What is the lanyard? The engine won't turn over AT ALL. Everything is dead. When it died, we were in the middle of the lake and had to paddle back into shore.
    Last edited by SPJP; 03-05-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Does it have the Lanyard kill? Check that too!
    I don't know what the Lanyard kill is. Please explain where that might be. On the motor?

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    It might be a long shot, but mine died kind of like that once. It turns out, I had knocked one of the electrical leads off the back of the key switch, and it killed everything. My heart stopped for a minute until I found out what it was.
    Thanks, we will look into that. The boat has sit since we came in off the lake that night.
    Last edited by SPJP; 03-05-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Default Thank you for all your advice

We have never had any major problems with this boat. Replaced the starter, had to have the packing replaced, and blew a head gasket once, but the head gasket is ok now. It has been an awesome boat. This is the first time anything like this has happened. Can't wait for Spring to break so we can get it back out on the lake again. Thank you all very much for any advice. We will check everything out you suggest.