Thread: 02 Mobius LSV

Default 02 Mobius LSV

Since everyone is on the topic of ballast upgrades, and I am working on mine can anyone tell me it the 1100lbs sac will fit in the rear of a 02 LSV. I believe that it is the outback v hull.

Thanks in advance.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

They'll fit, not gonna fill up all the way . LOL Honestly, the 750's will push open the doors if you fill them all the way! Two 750's full in our hull is more than enough for the stern, need some weight up front to counter them. Why do you want more weight in the rear?

I plan on plumbing my current 400's in the bow individually for surfing, but I wanted to make sure that I go the right rear bags the first time around.

Thanks.
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

NewGuy - I have an '01 MobiusV, very similar to yours I'm guessing. My 400 bags left lots of spare room in the rear compartments. I tried my 750 back there for surfing and it fit fine with some room to spare side to side and top to bottom. Front to back was squished but not a concern.

I stumbled across a killer deal on an 1100 last summer so I went for it. It fills every square inch of my rear compartment and would push on my engine cover before getting full if I didn't keep an eye on it. It gets ~90% full.

There's lots of talk lately about bracing the comparment to handle the weight of the 1100's pushing against the engine. I have a pretty massive aluminum support beam at a 45 degree angle from the top-front of the engine to the bottom-rear with my compartment wall bolted to that and braced near the transom. Never had any issues.

The verdict? Everyone will tell you to go big. I am actually going to add another 1100 to my other side, and keep the 750 up front. The 400's I'm not sure yet. May throw them around in the boat and fill with my handheld tsunami to make up for a lack of people when we want more ballast. Or just sell them.

In hindsight I never would have bought the 400's. Would have gone big to begin with.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Thanks Berg. I'm pretty sure that you have the 23'er and mine is only 20' I had decided that I am going to go with the 750's

Thanks for the input guys!
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"