Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new home

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Then on Sunday i go in to install all my stereo and media wiring. Planning on doing the surround and then add 2 speakers to all the rooms in the ceilings for sound to each room, wiring outlets to the back of the house for speakers outside, then prewire the garage for speakers, also thinking of adding some security camaras to the garage, RV pad and both main entry's to the house.
    I would consider running HDMI cable from my media closet to alot of the rooms. Its amazing what you can do with HDMI Splitters / Matrices and a 100 ft. of HDMI cable. The ability to use you PS3, XBox, Media PC, etc in other rooms is huge. My Bluetooth keyboard, the bluetooth PS3 remotes, and the XBox remotes all work through the walls and at a decent distance. Plus radio frequency remotes are becoming more common. Just something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    wireless is not worth relying on, even internet and phone, IMHO.
    +1 for this. Definitely wire for internet.

She yells over to me " Is that your Black Lab? " Yes it is i reply < mind you hes right next to me the entire time > She hollers back " You got a leash for that dog? " <because of course hes off leash thats the way i trained him lol > Showing restraint i yell back over to her " Im on my property i dont have to have him leashed" LOL Man if shes worried about my dog already wait till i crank up the boat stereo in the summer while cleaning her up LOL
    There's always the one neighbor who has to be an a-hole to new people in the neighborhood. Can't stand that. I think you just found a nice yard for Oso to go poop in.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

First I'd like to throw a big Thank you out to Moombahighrider. < Simon > called me and we spoke a couple times on how to do all the pre wire and types of cables to use and he gave me a wealth of ideas. Thanks so much Simon your top notch man.

I will post some pics of the wiring we did after tomorrow, camera was dead and it got dark so the cell camera wasn't going to cut it. These pictures are from today when i went out to the house.

Yesterday we spent 8 hours pre-wireing the house. We installed in wall wiring for the surround sound in the living room, speakers in all the bedrooms, dinning room, kitchen, back yard, and garage. Cat5E in all the rooms, a media cabinet in the garage, separate volume controls for all the rooms, and cable in all the rooms. We also pre wired for 4 Channel satalight, and 4 camera security system that access the internet and can be checked via computer or Cell phone.

We spent about 400 bucks on cables and boxes. We still have at least another 300 in wall plates and volume controls, then the security camaers, and the sky is the limit when it comes to purchasing 5 additional pairs of speakers for all the room. 4 pairs of speakers for the garage and 1 pair for the outside. All that will come in time. Im not spending my summer gas money for the house ill wait till winter LOL.

Ok on to the updated pictures.

The back sections on the front of the garage are where we are having stone installed.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Got one last picture you can see Black Betty in the back ground.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Nice pics mike, dang that went up fast. I know it's the shell, but wow.. Nice abode...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Lookin' good! The stone will look really nice, & I like the white line above the garage door and on the side.
    You're def not going to have much yard to keep up are ya!?!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Well it wont be as big and the 1/4 yard i have now thats for sure. There is still a lot of yard, its hard to see it in the pics but ill get some pics. That will be another thread as i get to the landscaping and ideas for that. I also have to build the rest of the fence, not looking forward to that but at 2K for the fence people to do it. Ill spend 1K on lumber and a case of beer for my buddies lol.

This lot is .17.

Thats not the final color of the home. The siding is pre-primered and its all yellow. The white is a different type of siding as i understand.

The house colors if i recall now is a dark sand color with Black trim to pull the back roof out and we have a light sand color as the accent. It will actually match the boat more then anything. LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

What's with the siding on the side? Did they forget to frame in the side garage door or something? Usually that stuff goes on from the bottom up.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

mike,
    noticed the fascia trim at the peak of the garage door, and on the side of the house, but not on the second peak over the garage and over the bay window? builder forget?

noticed they haven't poured the driveway yet. if you can, get it done dead last. some sub will park on it and drip oil. never fails.
    don't have them seal the concrete on the back patio if you have the option. then go get yourself some coffee concrete stain and some sealant. looks pimp. I would do stamped/colored entryway and 2 2ft bands down the driveway if you can. colored concrete mixed is expensive. if you get it plain and unsealed, you can stain it yourself for less than $200.
    check ebay for inwall volumes and speakers. usually $29 for impedance matching controls and under $50 for a decent set of inwalls(i used phoenix gold in the last house. not the same as the automotive company in quality, but they work nice). if you buy the speakers now, you can bring them for the painters to colormatch, otherwise get some of the wall color loaded into a spray can.

make sure your landscaper knows the fence layout so they can plan around it. personally, i'm a curbing guy around the entire house 2-3.5ft out. keeping grass away from the actual foundation really helps with potential water in the crawlspace down the road, and much easier to mow. make sure when they pour the driveway/entry, you remember(measure and write it down) or mark where the sleeve is under the driveway and under the front walkway if you have a planter bed. you won't be sorry later. a small scratch in the side of the driveway does it when the concrete is fresh.

spray texture or hand scraped?
    Last edited by sandm; 04-19-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten