Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new home

Last couple for today.
    Guest bedroom

Looking from livingroom into the garage. On the right is the coat closet and the entry to the garage.

This week is all the electrical and plumbing install.
    Then on Sunday i go in to install all my stereo and media wiring. Planning on doing the surround and then add 2 speakers to all the rooms in the ceilings for sound to each room, wiring outlets to the back of the house for speakers outside, then prewire the garage for speakers, also thinking of adding some security camaras to the garage, RV pad and both main entry's to the house.

Got a taste of my first grumpy nosey neighbor as well. There is a another newer build area down the street and those people like to walk threw the area i am going to be in and looky loo. Im all good with that, id do the same thing. Well this lady was prolly a good 500ft away on another street looking at our house while me and Claudia, and Oso were measuring so i can get a feel for how much fence material i need to build the rest of the fence. She yells over to me " Is that your Black Lab? " Yes it is i reply < mind you hes right next to me the entire time > She hollers back " You got a leash for that dog? " <because of course hes off leash thats the way i trained him lol > Showing restraint i yell back over to her " Im on my property i dont have to have him leashed" LOL Man if shes worried about my dog already wait till i crank up the boat stereo in the summer while cleaning her up LOL
    Last edited by mmandley; 04-12-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Looks good man! Whens your move-in date?

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    " LOL Man if shes worried about my dog already wait till i crank up the boat stereo in the summer while cleaning her up LOL
    Awesome go for it. They will learn quick that even if you are the new guy you aren't going to be pushed around.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

That is a nice pad man. I guess the way to get everything you want is to build it yourself.

Newty - The site manager is saying 1st of June, the contract date is no later then 30th of June. I hope its the first as the season will be just starting and its still cool out. End of June tends to be the around the mid 90s all the time and thats dam fine boating weather.

New Guy - yea you can bet ill crank it and let everyone know who " That Guy " is lol.

Moseley618 - Thats the reason we opted to build, we had to sacrifice a few things we both really wanted but in the big picture it was the best option.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Congrats man - pretty exciting to see it come to life! I was following your old thread on the initial plans. I'd love to build some day.

As for Oso, cracked me up. I should have named my lab either "shadow" or "footrest"...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

looking good Mike, must be lots of fun.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Wow! Coming right along nicely Mike.

Next time yell back to the old lady that "Cujo here just ate his chain and yelling really upsets him . . ."

Mike - Thanks for the update. Lookin' good. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Hey mike, this looks great. Congratulations. I see that you plan on doing av wiring soon. It seems like you have already been given some good advice. And your plan for wiring seems good. My business is custom residential av, so if you need any specific info at all, pm me with any questions and I would be happy to email or even chat on the phone about what to look out for or what wire to pull specifically. It is worth doing it right now and give yourself a future proof home. Despite what most people think, wireless is not worth relying on, even internet and phone, IMHO.
    Simon.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro