Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new home

^true story.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Congrats on the new Mandley Estate! You're a lucky guy to be able to set up your house just the way you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Congrats on the new Mandley Estate! You're a lucky guy to be able to set up your house just the way you want it.
    I don't know if you can ever get it the way you want it. When we built our house we thought we had done everything we wanted to do and put everything where we wanted it. After being in it a while you'll find that "I should've done this or done this a different way or put this switch here instead of where it is".
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Quote Originally Posted by SEARK View Post
    I don't know if you can ever get it the way you want it. When we built our house we thought we had done everything we wanted to do and put everything where we wanted it. After being in it a while you'll find that "I should've done this or done this a different way or put this switch here instead of where it is".
    Well said and I couldn't agree more!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Come on, you're raining on the new homeowner's parade!

^nah. a year from now, he'll be wishing he did something different and he'll look at his pc and say "dang, those moomba folks are soooo smart"

I hear you loud and clear. Some things that make perfect sense when you are building but make you think WTF was I thinking after living there awhile. Some of the things you'll be able to fix, others you just laugh and tolerate and know that no one else notices.

Yea i know this will happen even now i know this will happen LOL Its also hard to think of things a year down the road and plan on them now. We are trying to place furniture in our mind and on the floor layout to see where out lets and cables need to be preran and such. I think i got 4 or 5 outlets in the garage ceiling already LOL. I was my lights up there, place to plug in a couple fans, you know all boat stuff LOL.

I just gotta be careful we have made the deal on the home the more i add the more in cash i have to pay and the more in cash i pay at closing the less i have for the summer LOL.

I do enjoy listening to all you guys who been threw this, im a newby here at building homes so this first one is going to be fun but i know in another 10 years when the youngins arnt so small we will be building another home. We dont have youngins yet but trust me its a daily conversation from half of the family every day.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

one word for the garage lighting. flourescent and several of them. if it's a 3car, 6 at a minimum. wired the last house with 2 that came on with the switch next to the mandoor and inside door, then had the other 5 on a switch next to the workbench.

keep in mind that based on your electrical background, some of this can be added later. it adds up quickly if you keep adding switches/outlets when you can go back and add ceiling units later for 1/5 the cash.

you could always go buy about 20 roles of masking tape, find a empty parking lot and tape out the floor plan and furniture to get a better idea of where you may want stuff
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart