Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Our new home

Great to hear. Glad you are on your way to getting set up and comfortable. Been a great thread to follow
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Yup, glad to hear you're getting settled in and can have some time to worry about boating now.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Reviving an older thread, We have been enjoying the new house, we have had a couple parties and lots of frineds over. Been working on the garage and such. Since we had really unseasonable like weather i figured it was a sign from above to get the back yard done.

It timed out perfectly that the rain actualyl stoped Wednesday morning and the sun came out for 3 straight days. While it was out we had our landscaper Juan Gutierrez come in and do some work. Since we moved in last year i built the fence and saved us about 2500 over the contrators wanted. I have been struggling getting an RV gate built that will function the way i want, this is due to restriction i put in place on how it must operate. I had one in place but mother nature decided to test it with 60 mph gusts and it didnt fair to well.

Anyhow, on to the yard. We just let the yard grow weeds as we knew we couldnt go anything till spring time. We had Juan clear the yard, and our yard is a really nasty clay based dirt. Really sticky and hard to work with by hand so it was easier to hire it out. Juan cleared the yard and tilled it up, then mixed in compost mix and added fill to bring the yard up a few inches. This also allowed it to be leveled off with the patio. We also had the RV leveled off as it had a good 8inch drop off it. I was always afraid backing the boat up if i mix calculated my blind side i would drop the boat right off and damage the trailer, possibly the boat axles.

We also opted to add the rear sprinkler system and a drip system to the yard. The drip system is the flags and small pipes you see sticking up. We ahve to get the connection to add drip hoses but its on a seperate zone so thats no issue. After all that was completed we added a French drain to the RV side because all that water is going to drain and pool up or flood our neighbors.

Last we added the sod, 2200 sqft of it. We left 2ft surrounding the house and fence line so Claudia can add plants, and to make yard maintenance easier since its not up against the foundation.

Next on the list is Thursday a contractor is comming to replace a broken fence post on the shared fence, I even paid half as a good neighbor, mainly because im attaching my dog fence to that post lol. I will make a 3rd attempt at the RV gate, if it doesnt work out, well i will have to call Juan again as he does fence work LOL.

RV side, dog kennel is being removed

Back section

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

side yard

The real muscle here. This Ditch witch is impressive, its got a 4 cylinder Diesel and several attachments. Juan was very prowd and showed me all the features. It has rubber tracks so it doesnt get stuck and doesnt tear the drive way or the yard up as much.

Juan of course was very impressed with Serenity and i showed him all around her. He asked if i wanted to swap work trucks, i laughed and said Serenity is to dam pretty to be a landscape truck LOL.

Rototilling begins.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Switch from a tiller to a ditch digger to cut the trenches for the irrigation and french drain.

[COLOR="#696969"]

The real snooperviser at work, inspecting the work.

Juans truck being in the compost

[COLOR="#696969"]

Leveling off the RV pad.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Compost all done and everything leveled,

Ready for instant yard.
    RV side

Back yard

Side yard
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Front of side yard.

Ran out of compost, we asked that all the edges be filled in and Juan wasnt sure if he had enough. So we left the front last, he ran out lol. Its ok we only need to pick up like 1/2 a yard and we will pay his price and only need to fill it in for 10ft by 6ft section.

Front of bay window before

After we cleared all the old plants and dead stuff out, added 6inches of compost to make a new bed for flowers for Claudia

Lastly the corner of the yard bed, were going to put the few plants that survived the winter up here, we also added 6inches of compost to this area.

After they were done each day they cleaned up everything, only thing i need to do is pressure wash the dive way and Rv pad to get the dirt off.

In the back yard you will notice a square section in the yard and thats going to be Claudia's plant and veggie garden to play with. This was an expensive task but glad i hired it out because its back breaking work landscapping, much respect to those guys. Juan was really cool about us adding services, originally the work was costing us 2500 but then we added a bunch more stuff and drive the price to 3200. I think its money well spent and the other two estimates we got for the same work was 5K ansd 6K. We bought them lunch each day and supplied bottled water and i offered them beers at the end but they passed, the boss doesnt drink so he crew coupldnt have one. WTH man LOL.

Next on the task list other then the RV gate is buying Claudia plants..ohh lord
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Looking good, Mike!

Glad you don't have to look out your front window at that pea green house!

I love those little machines. I want a Toro Dingo for myself. Had my eye on a few, but a nice, used full setup with all the attachments run around $12-$15k and I hate spending that kinda coin on work.