Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new home

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Looking good Mike! When's the house warming party??
    I think were planning mid July or something like that. Mom visits last week of June and then Claudia has a friend comming right after that but i want to plan the party for a Saturday so people can make the drive out and party and not have to work on Sunday lol. Also have to plan it on my normal Saturday off since ill be back on nights for those long 7 months..uhg im dreading it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike - nice place. It came together FAST. I'm sure your both chomping at the bit to get in there
    What's ur plans for the backyard?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Mike - nice place. It came together FAST. I'm sure your both chomping at the bit to get in there
    What's ur plans for the backyard?
    Planning on building a fence right by the AC unit to the neighbors yard so it can be a dog section, i plan to make a door stop on the walk threw garage door so when we are working the dogs can stay in the garage yet go outside. That way they can also guard the boat lol.

Then Claudia wants a section apx 14x14 to make a garden and they will be in the very back corner of the yard on the other side of the AC unit. The rest will be grass and landscaped with some plants and small trees.

Also have to build the RV gate and fence the street side of the home.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The latest update is we were sopposed to close yesterday and move in today.

That hasnt happened because the house apprasial guy took 7 buisness days before he went out to the house. Then he goes out and waits 2 more days to call the realator and ask questions about the house.

Now we are on the closing day with no appraisal. So its been pushed another week out.

Im beyound pissed and stressed as i had to reschedule all the deliveries, install of cable, utilities, everything.

Lost several of the guys that were going to help with the move.

Worst off to me, my mom flys in next week for her vacation and i didnt want her to spend her vacation with me moving and then being in our new home while its being unpacked.

Lastly i will once again miss the yearly SC Tour in Portland of all the boats show and shine with downtown tour.

So disapointed in this all.

The last week we have been living with paper plates, plastic forks, just the main tv, and a bed with a couple suitcases of cloths, i refuse to unpack anything till we move it. 1 week to go, so this time next saturday i hope to be loading the truck.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

sorry to hear that man, but it's pretty common in the housing industry especially on new construction.
    I always figured/told plan 2 weeks past the date you were given and if it comes early, then you got a gift

good luck and hope moving day comes next saturday and goes well... finished product looks good..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Then Claudia wants a section apx 14x14 to make a garden .

Mike, tell Claudia to read the book " the square foot garden or square foot gardener"--something like that. Lots of great idea's
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The appraisal should have been contracted on a deadline. If it was, then you can push that contract to pay for you out of pocket expenses. You may have to sue or you may have to take it from the realtor/broker.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Everything is starting to fall into place finally, got the apprisal done and its apx 7K more then we paid for the house so thats always nice.

Was at the new house yesterday for final walkthrew and see how the different systems work.

The thermostate and fire sprinkler system are the ones i think are the coolest lol.

Hope to move in this weekend.

As for the house i have now and the sale, last minute hold up guess who the appraiser again lol. Hes saying the house is worth Exactly what the new buyer is offering but the chimeny needs to be fixed or the FHA loan wont go threw. So there trying to kick that back to me. I said dam man i already gave you 90K off what i got invested in this house..I cant give you any more.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

They've got you by the short and curly's as they know you have another house and NEED to get out of the one your in. Sucks but it all comes down to motivation. Hope it all works out!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    They've got you by the short and curly's as they know you have another house and NEED to get out of the one your in. Sucks but it all comes down to motivation. Hope it all works out!
    Yea i talked to my Realtor today and she said dont give them another cent. She said she knows the game there playing and they have already went past there deadlines so even if they back out they now lose money because the only option they have is take the house or lose all there earnest money, and they put down 5% lol. First time buyers with a new Realator hardi har har.

She mentioned something about there FHA loan and the fireplace but i dont recall what it was, i kinda lost intrest in hearing more house closing talk when she changed channels and said the new house paper work should be done today if not first thing tomorrow AM lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]