Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new home

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Mike, congrats again. Everything is looking great. I love that butcher block island top
    Thanks we have been toying with this..maybe someone has some insight. Its plain bare wood right now. We dont plan on putting raw food or using it as a cutting surface as we have a pull out wood cutting board right onder that one.

What do you seal this top with or put on it so it keeps that nice look and doesnt get all dirty with regualr use?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Any idea on a move-in date yet?
    Nope tentative is 6/18 saturday. Final inspection is supposed to be today, apprasial is today. Cant get ahold of my realator for final inspection so i might skil her and do it myself lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

This weeks update.

Saturday Claudia went to the house because i was working and Sundday was our first boating day.

I was at the house today for the final walkthrew and point out things i want fixed. House is almost done. Apprasial was today and hopefully closing is in a 9 working days.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Oso approves of the new carpet.

[COLOR="#696969"]

mandley - Great looking house! Better get in there quick or you may fund a squatter. Congratulations to you and Claudia. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Mike,

looks great, i have not been to this thread in a while. dang that was fast...

congrats and good luck with the move.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    mandley - Great looking house! Better get in there quick or you may fund a squatter. Congratulations to you and Claudia. - Deerfield
    Thanks man, your welcome to come squat for a while, Aug and Sept be best have a steady flow of Mexican family comming threw, and there all about good food and beer LOL. I just gotta remind myself double the cardio workouts that month to make up for the food and beer LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    have a steady flow of Mexican family comming threw
    mandley - I spent five years in Mexico. Three in Mexico City proper. Two in a village called Tlalpan. Played soccer and marbles. Village streets were dirt. Outdoor bathrooms. Big event was Sunday evening watching movie on black and white TV, powered with pirated electricity. Journeyed remote areas (and I mean remote) armed with a snake/insect (scorpions!) bite kit and shotgun tucked away in the car to keep us safe. Rode giant turtles. Ate shrimp the size of my fist. Saw and touched sites (ruins) that have been closed to the public now for thirty years or more. As an eight year old, standing in my neighbors dirt floor kitchen, i heard that President Kennedy had been shot. He was loved there. My life was deeply enriched by Mexico. Hanging in my closet are two traditional, pleated shirts - one white, the other green with accent colors. Love the people, the food, and the country. Please say hello to your family for me. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Looking good Mike! When's the house warming party??
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Looking good. Have Black Betty bring home some crushed rock with sand mix and it will pack pretty hard for the area by the fence. I got the same thermostat and you can get the installer codes and do some changes to make it more efficient. There are about 30 settings on it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD