Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new home

Mike house is looking awesome. Make sure the landscape guy gets rid of the extra gravel along the edges of the concrete. Most of them will just bury it and it will create issues with your lawn. The grass will stuggle if there is a layer of rock below it that allows the moisture to go away.

Mike that's a sweet looking nest you've built yourself...congrats may God bless your home and family.
    06 XLV

More pics. We are rounding that corner for the last stretch of the new home build saga.

Looks like the build will be done end of next week.

Yesterday we went out and almost everything was installed, only thing missing is the range, its in the garage, and the mirrors.

We do have a bit of a hickup. I installed all that low voltage wireing and since the builder didnt call me to tell me the finaly electrical inspection was due, i didnt add the wall plates and now they want me to get a freaking permit. WTH man? I was pretty agitated to say the least yeaterday. Today i am going out to add my wall plates, then Tuesday top of the todo list is get this stinking permit. I City of Carlton is said to be really good about these and easy going, but i guess my electrical inspector is a real ass LOL.

Yard sprinkler system is in and we got a tree lol, lots of other flowers and i expect landscaping and sod to be added this week. Other then those items all we need is for them to do the big clean on the house.

Here goes.

Ole Betty Looking fine on the RV pad lol. Had to see if the boat will fit and it will but the width is gonna be tight.

You can see how close the truck is to the edge. I tried to simulate backing the boat up without is the truck is simular in legth to the boat. I am going to have to get it widened at some point but for now i might build a curb or something on the edge, way to much dagame to the boat and trailer if it falls off the pad.

They stained the front door, or sealed it i guess, its clear lol. I thought i got a good pic but this is the only one with a pic of it.
    Last edited by mmandley; 05-29-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Lots of flowers.

[COLOR="#696969"]

More stuff.

Small white pucks on the ceiling is the fire sprinkler system.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Pretty sweet puch button, programmable thermostate

Master

Laundry
    [COLOR="#696969"]

looks good. make sure a do a good walkthru with the builder for your final punchlist..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

mandley - My favorites are the parking pad, where I would keep my boat, and the open kitchen, cause it facilitates a sense of community inside the house and flow of food. Very nice setup. Keep the pictures coming. Looking forward to seeing the landscape. Thanks. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Any idea on a move-in date yet?

PWI as usual...

Mike, congrats again. Everything is looking great. I love that butcher block island top
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold