Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new home

I'd recommend running the RV pad all the way to the fence as you will appreciate as much paved area as you can get. I hope that is your neighbors fence as I haven't seen treated posts used for a long time but it gives somebody something to do in 15 years especially when your rain runoff ends up there.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I'd recommend running the RV pad all the way to the fence as you will appreciate as much paved area as you can get. I hope that is your neighbors fence as I haven't seen treated posts used for a long time but it gives somebody something to do in 15 years especially when your rain runoff ends up there.
    The plan is widen and lengthen the RV pad. I just didnt want to pay the builder his concrete price. He wanted another 600 for 3 feet wider and i laid the concrete on the porch and it wasnt that hard and only cost my 50 bucks for a 5x5 4inch deep section. So i am pretty sure we can handle this one a lot cheaper lol.

Yes thats my neighbors fence in the pics.

Im confused, you mentioned treated lumber. I was thinking you want to use treated 4x4s to use as the posts? Is this wrong? If so whats the best type to use because i have some fence work to do and want to by the best material for the job.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Galvanized posts are best as the treated posts will rot off over time near the ground surface and they hold up better in strong winds. If you want to get fancy, you can set the posts in a concrete strip to make it easier to mow along the fence line. I did use treated posts in one of my homes when I built a retaining wall and the last time I drove by it was still doing well after 18 years but I had to add gravel to the hole and crown the concrete on the surface to keep water out. Steel posts you just pour around the posts and use the level.

I understand the "do-it-yourself" approach. Contractors love modification changes.
    Last edited by zabooda; 05-21-2011 at 10:58 AM.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Stoped by the house yesterday and they made a lot of progress.

Kitchen cabnets are in, flooring is in minus the carpets. All the concrete work is done and curing.

THe RV pad must of went in mid last week as its pretty cured already but the rest is pretty dark and looks to only be a day or to old in the pics. The center of the drive way will lighten up like the RV pad, the porch and the 2 strips will stay a shade darker in color for contrast.

In the back ground you can see my truck, that house behind it has the opposite pattern i went with, so you can see the color contrast of what my drive way will look like.

[COLOR="#696969"]

More pictures

Back porch

Front entry
    [COLOR="#696969"]

More pictures

Garage entry

Kitchen

[COLOR="#696969"]

Man that apron to your RV parking is really narrow. You're going to hate it. I ended up paying the concrete guy to come back and make it wider 6 months later. It looks wide enough but once you try rolling the boat back there with that LWB ford you'll find yourself driving off it all the time. I'd get it widened with the exposed ag to mach the strip and porch, that would look really nice.
    Looks great though! We have that same vinyl in our laundry room!

PWI as usual...

it would appear based on the approach from the street that there are some limitations on width and shape of rv pads?

I know my last sub would only allow 22ft of road frontage and then there were limitations on how wide it could get based on distance from the street.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

@ Newty, Yea ive been concerned the entire time with the width. I really wanted to go 15 ft wide but the budget was just so tite. We have a bit more in the budget now that our financing went threw and we were granted another 3K on the loan. Thats an extra 3K in my wallet so i am going to talk to them about what it would cost to add the 3ft now and see what we can do. Cant you tell man? Your my idle i picked colors like yours for my house, same floors as you have in your laundry room and even my boat is simular. I have even thought of shaving my head LOL.

@ Sandm not sure on the limitations your talking about the limitation i do know of is there has to be 20ft from the sidewalk to my house and that limits the amount of garage space i get based on it keeps pushing the house farther back on my property and closer to the nighbors house. As for the width im going to look into that now and see how it works.

My other plan is i hope to get the boat down there physically this comming weekend and back it into the space and see how it fits.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Glad you didn't go with hickory cabinets, that would have been a little too weird!+

What kind are they? They quartersawn but its hard to tell from the picks and the knotty grain. Very cool look though!

PWI as usual...