Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new home

interesting that they put up gutters prior to paint. that's usually one of the last to go up as gutters come in a mirad of colors to match. downspouts are a dying thing here. everyone has rainchains. they look amazing as they start to rust, but I'm guessing not too many of them there with the amount of precip each year?

if your cabinets have crown moulding on them and the wifey is going to put shiot up on top of them, grab some of that scrap wood to put on top of the cabinets. helps space your stuff to the level of the crown. 2x4 or 2x6 work awesome for that.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Awesome idea Sandm on the cabinets. I hadn't thought ov that lol. I was surprised to see the gutters up too, i know they paint them to match the house so i assume that's why there up but i wonder if that means now i wont have pain on the trim behind them. I guess it doesn't matter as long as i cant see it. I know the siding is primered < yellow > but the trim is that grey color and im not sure if thats primmer or not.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

find that very interesting that they paint the gutters. those come in soo many colors, and most are formed on-site that getting them made in a close match is pretty easy. I usually tried to get the exterior painted before the roof goes on as the d-metal that hangs over the edge of the fascia covers part of it as well. if your d-metal lifts at all, it will show the unpainted fascia. it's also a whole lot less the exterior painter has to tape up, saving them money. once you have a dryroof on, that's all you need for some time. and it's usually required to be on prior to electrical roughin.

Sandm, I thought the same thing when I moved here from Az. I used to hang gutters and we used to order the material by color. When I got here you had a choice of brown or white. They get painted with the house. Pretty standard here.

Looking good Mikey!
    Last edited by newty; 04-27-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: cause I'm we todd did

PWI as usual...

Went tot he house yesterday and they got a lot done since last trip.

We have stone on the front of the house, we have drywall in the house. There is a few mistakes so i have to contact them on that but here ya go.

They forgot a couple stones here. I think they might have not had the right size or something.

Garage you can see the garage door opener wires, and my ceiling speaker wires. Back wall has the 2 volume controls for the garage. Front and rear.

Standing in the entry looking threw to kitchen

[COLOR="#696969"]

Kitchen Pantry

Kitchen to living room view

Main hall and main bathroom, towel closet

Ledge built above the living room and dinning room. There is electrical power up there, also prewired some speakers but they forgot to pull 1 wire.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Closer look at the wires they forgot to pull lol.

Main bathroom

Laundry room in hall

Bedroom / office. Forgot to pull wires here also, you can see the volume control box, and near the floor is the Cat5, Cable, Phone

[COLOR="#696969"]

Bad picture lol. Its the second bedroom closet LOL. They also forgot to pull my speaker wires in this room.

Master bedroom, they forgot 1 wire here. They pulled the left out but not the right LOL. You can see the volume control on the wall here too.

Ledge in the master bedroom, it also has electrical power on it.

Entry to the house Ledge from living room to dinning room carries around, we plan to have a table and a coat rack or something here. Also that wall is the coat closet and you access it from the entry where the garage door is.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Last pic today is the Masterbath

As you can see this is a modest home. Bedroom arnt really big, bathrooms arnt really big but we sacrificed some of those comforts to build a new home that we can call ours. What we did gain is the open living concept, they area we wanted to build in, and the garage/rv pad we desperately needed. Ok i needed LOL.

Next couple weeks is all drywall mud and sanding.

Then the driveway gets installed and that is custom also, we are having standard concrete with aggregate boarders.

They will install the over sized front porch, rear patio, Garage door, paint the house, install all the interior fixtures, and lastly the carpet and flooring.

They pushed out the finish date till mid June now grrrr but im gonna hold the hop of First week of June, right after Memorial weekend lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I see you're placing speakers up on the plant shelf. if you are just using them for background noise and not a true 5.1/7.1, drop the cables down to the bottom of the plant shelf. claudia can put bric-a-brack in front of them, you still get the sound, and you don't have to look at them. done that in several houses and it will fill that area with sound nicely and discretely

still find it interesting all the work they are doing to the exterior without it being painted. painter now has to tape up rock.