Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pictures wanted (non OEM subwoofer)

I am thinking of adding a subwoofer to my audio setup. From some reading I have concluded that a subwooofer in a sealed box would give the best results. And the best place is under the drivers dash. I am looking for some pictures of what others have done, to give me some ideas.

I am thinking of adding a single 10". I don't want to give up all my leg room from the drivers area. Thanks
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

I'm assuming you have a late model LSV. We really need to know what you want to spend. No brainer for most would be the Ported Exile box built specifically for the LSV. Simple plug and play. Brian with Exile also has subs to fit different power applications. That and he will answer any questions you have for set-up. You will pay a little more up front but ultimately you will be very happy and you won't have to revisit subs again.

PWI as usual...

His sig says he has a 03 outback if thats still current. Honestly I like what you did newty by cutting the hump out.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Here is a picture of a custom build box for a Kicker 10" L7 under the drivers dash:

Here is a link to the thread I made with the build photos:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10731

If you do in fact have an Outback and are taller than 5' 10" I wouldn't recommend putting the sub there - it takes up a ton of leg room. I'm 5' 7" and have the seat all the way back when I drive with the sub where it is. I actually like it, but if leg room is a concern don't put the box there.

I have another 10" L7 behind the observer seat, and it also sounds great and doesn't take up an room - I'd go there if you are worried.
    2013 Outback V

ill have plenty a pictures in a month when i get mine put in!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I do have an 03 Outback. I saw some pics of others the completely consume the entire space under the dash. I saw one pic of one mounted in a box ontop of the foot rest-Kinda thinking something like that. I think it was Viking that did it. I guess I will have to venture out in the cold and get some measurements to start with and go from there.

I do have access to some decent woodworking tools and have some ok fabrication skills. I was looking to see what others have done. I am right around the 5'10" mark
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

dunno if you can see jonyb profile since he has been booted but he had a nice setup. You can def fab your own and save serious coin and space.

I took some measurements for one but right now I'm thinking about running free air. Tested it and it produces pretty good bass.

Earmark also makes some nice boxes if you decide not to build.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

wish I had a better shot to show the legroom I did not lose. my recommendation is to cut out the footrest and build a box to replace that. you don't lose any legroom that way.
    before the box is finished. used the water resistent mdf and set it up on top of acrylic blocks to keep it off the carpet if it gets wet.:

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?a...&pictureid=730

Oem placement but did it aftermarket....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

10" JL Audio sub in custom sealed enclosure.