Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Mobius LSV

Default 2011 Mobius LSV

Well it has been a long time since I have posted ...

I am looking at a new 2011 LSV with the new tower.

Questions - Which way does new tower fold ? forward or back?

Is the new tower referred to as the V2 ?
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Standard tower folds backwards

The new optional tower is the V2 and folds forwards-this is the tower that was on most Malibu's

One thing to keep in mind is the standard tower can have the Z5 cargo bimini and the V2 doesnt.

Happy shopping and good luck selling
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

That Z5 bimini is sweet, yoou can get the option of a V2 or standard tower and yes the V2 does fold forward. My opinion, just my opinion, I'm not a fan of the V2 but maybe it will grow on me over time. This is one of the reasons I bought a new left over 2010.

Good luck with the purchase
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

board racks don't swivel on the new tower either. not a huge deal, but when gassing at our marina, boards would be in the way of the cover that shades it..

wondering if it limits your options on aftermarket gear such as bimini and speakers due to mounting?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The standard racks that come with the V2 tower are fixed, but you can order optional, swivel racks for the V2. You can see them listed for this boat under "Tower Accessories."

Bimini options may be limited, but I think you can get plenty of speaker options and the tower is pre-drilled to mount 2 speakers on each side of the tower. It's pretty cool and since the V2 hinges at the bottom, it looks like fishing the wires should be pretty easy.

Bruce, looking at everything you do with the boat I really think you need to demo any boat you are looking at. It seems like you have varying needs and a quick response here and there just isn't going to cut it. But you probably already know that you will have to just get the boat and customize it for your use. Good luck with the new LSV, whichever one you choose!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default 2011 Lsv

So does anyone know where I can find a photo of the V2 tower folded down on a LSV?

I would like to see the how it clears t
    the windshield.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Well can't seem to find a pic now, but I've seen one and the top of the tower comes down just inside the windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowmobius View Post
    So does anyone know where I can find a photo of the V2 tower folded down on a LSV?

I would like to see the how it clears t
    the windshield.
    @ bottom of page, far right, click to enlarge

http://moomba.com/2011/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, thank for the photo link ....when the tower is up it just does not look like it would fold down inside the windshield.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg