Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Two or Four Exile SXT65's

I am getting ready to order from Brian and I was planning on just a pair of exile sxt65 speakers and a harpoon amp, thinking that would be enough, but Brian said I should get two pair of sxt65's. How much of a difference am I going to see from one to two pair of speakers. Going to be using these speakers for surfing mostly.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV

I like 4 but i say that purely for looks. From my understanding, you will not get double the sound from double the speakers.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

4 definitely looks better but you'll have no problem hearing 2 while surfing.

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll let you know. I'm down for 2 right now with 2 more on the distant horizon.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

i bought for primarily cause i think two looks goofy. and also because im not a good at any water sports in particular so i try to mask my lack of talent with a nice stereo
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Ed, how is the weight on the obv tower (1 5/ with four.?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

You could easily do two and it would sound good. More than just looks, four will give you a much better sound field. My two center speakers are pointed straight back, while the other two are angled slightly out. This disperses the sound in a wider range and sounds real good.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Talking with brian about the stx65's, he told me there are two models, for$ 200 more I can have the mounts that spin and have the quick release option, would that be worth it or do you guys just mount the speakers and don't ever need/want to move them?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV

that is what i bought. now im question whether or not i shouldnt have just shelled out another 150 a pair and gotten the xm7s? i have not heard the sxt65s yet tho as they have no come in and but it still has me wondering. i know the xm7s throw sound at distance excellently and i know the sxt65s wont be as good since they are not hlcd but just how much of a difference is it???
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

well i store my boat indoors but i wanted the quick disconnect because i have to fold my tower to store and i didnt want all the weight of the speakers and tower to be sitting on my cover while it was in storage. i also like the ability to rotate the speakers and point them at different angles

Ed, i know the SXT65s are great for surfing but did you ever try to listen to them at a distance? and if so, how did they sound and what are you pushing them with?
    David