Thread: Wake

Default Wake

I was just wondering how the wake of the mobius lsv is with the gravity games ballast. IS it a big difference from just having the standard one bag ballast.

Default Replying to Topic 'Wake'

The wake is bigger with the GG sacs, but you may need to add some more weight to the bow to balance it out. You can get a sac to fill and put all the way forward in the walkway, or add some led under the seats. Once you get it balanced, you'll love it. I have an '04 LSV with a pair of 500 lbs sacs in the rear, the standard sac in the ski locker, a 400 lbs sac in the walkway and about 300 lbs under the bow seats. That's a little over 2000 total and the wake is sic!

And if you just have the one bag in the ski locker (nothing in the rear) then the wake will be small. You have to put some weight in the back.

The LSV comes standard with just the ski locker ballast mid-ship-Gravity I ballast. The wake will be nice but not huge. You can Upgrade to the Gravity III Ballast to get all 3 bags, the two additional on either side of the engine. The wake will be pretty good for intermediate/advanced tricks. From there, you can order bigger bags (gravity games bags) Which is 800 lbs for each rear sack and 1000lbs for the front sack. These sacks were not designed for the LSV though. Its hard to get it weighted right with those bags. I like to put two of the front bags (long 400 lbs) on either side of the engine and then use the 400 lb bag up front plus a smaller sack in the bow (250 lbs).

Ok,

I just posted a question about violating my LSV manual and pulling two kids from the tower. Big no-no or something. Now you are putting 2,000 lb of water in a boat rated for 1,480 lbs.

Is this weight really necessary for a decent wake?

I got the wake plate option, will that help?
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

No, all of that weight is not necessary for a decent wake. You were asking about Gravity Games Ballast (2600 lbs) so I assumed you were talking about adding quite a bit of ballast. The stock system or the 3 bag upgrade will do plenty good enough. The wakeplate option well shape the wake but will not make it bigger.

smokedog2 ,
    Mobius LSV 04 with 1600 lbs has a phat wake, no one will complain about. You can put a nice lip on that wake or tone it down to round roller with your wake plate.
    I am going to put a few more lbs on it this spring, I am seeing some wakes on TV and the kind of air these guys are getting and I gatta have it. I'm thinking 2000 lbs or so will be good.
    I have seen 3000 lbs and I have also seen those guys going back to the dock for gas mighty fast. At some point enough is enough.
    I have pulled two wakeboarders, it's pretty cool. Not dangerous if they are good boarders with different length ropes. I would avoid the bumper tube from the tower though, use the ski pole.
    Brent