Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballast Upgrade

that is the perfect setup. you made the right choice.

I think this combination will work just great, it seems to be the most common upgrade. I will also install the plumbing with the fourth fill switch as someone else had done. Will post pics on progress....
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

I surf with just a 750 in the back and the ski locker 400 and no passengers, just a driver and its a solid wave.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Good to know thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post

I actually found some 1 in y barb fittings(not t's , y's) I split off the mainline from the pump, 1 to the ski locker the other to the bow... I then took another y fitting and split the bow line to 1 port and 1 starboard bow sac... and ran the overflow out the side next to the stock ski locker overflow

any chance you could do a MS Paint doodle of your front setup.
    that would save me about $300 in the wakemakers pump kit...

I will give it some thought and see what I can come up with. I want it to look as much like factory...ooops better than factory! I'll do research and see what everyone else had done then i'll pick and choose what I like and don't like about other setup.

Can't remember who it was but someone here done a really nice system with the fourth fill switch and all, that's propably the way i will go.

Quote Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
    any chance you could do a MS Paint doodle of your front setup.
    that would save me about $300 in the wakemakers pump kit...
    this is kind of a crude drawing... and its cabs boat not mine. The newer tanks have another channel that i marked with black lines... I split the main line in the left of the picture and hooked the ski locker bag to that split.. Then went to the front of the gas tank and split it again. Those lines run under the passenger console and driver console then come up thru the stock holes and plug into the bow sac... I then drilled another hole next to the ski locker vent and installed a second vent for the bow sac.... I didnt want to add any switches or more pumps.

the only negative is you cant fill one or the other, they are either both filled or both empty... But its sounds like you only get about 200lbs in the ski locker so to me that should always be filled anyway.. So for me i will always be riding with them both full unless there are enough people onboard..

Newty did a solid install of the IBS a year or so ago. He's got a real nice write up with photos also. It looks about as factory as it needs to be, at least in my opinion.
    Looks to be a pretty straight forward and easy install, and one I plan to tackle this summer. Just do a search for IBS and it should be there, or find Newty in the members list, and it'll pop right up (it's also a sticky in this mods board)
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea N' Things View Post
    I will give it some thought and see what I can come up with. I want it to look as much like factory...ooops better than factory! I'll do research and see what everyone else had done then i'll pick and choose what I like and don't like about other setup.

Can't remember who it was but someone here done a really nice system with the fourth fill switch and all, that's propably the way i will go.
    So are you adding a 4th pump? If so will you add another intake or just tee off one of the existing? I added a 4th switch and it was pretty straight forward and keeps the factory look.

Edit: I didn't take too many pics of my bow sac install, but there are some in the link in my signature that might help you visualize some things.
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 02-17-2011 at 05:00 PM.

human ballast tanks are the cheapest option. no $ for sacs, no $ for pumps and lines, no time for install. plus everybody always wants to go for a ride. and can place them anywhere you want.

just stop by the local donut shop on your way to the lake.

go with the 1100's ( little more $ noe = lot less $ later)