Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballast Upgrade

Default Ballast Upgrade

Hey guys, I have been reading through out the forum and trying to find out the part no. for the 750lbs fatsac ballast upgrade for the 2010 Moomba LSV. I just bought this boat as a left over 2010 from a local dealer, he has the boat at another dealership about 7hrs away, so i can't get a measurement atm. Long of the short is, what dementions and which 750 fits into the aft lockers? Someone called it a "plug and play" swap.....lol. I am also looking for a sac to fit under the bow filler cushion, if there is such a sac. Not sure on this measurement either but I would like to get one that doesn't stick out beyound the filler cushion. I am thinking 12"x12"x2 1/2' or 3' length at the most. Can someone varify bow and aft measuremets for me and recommanded upgrade.

Anyone wanting to buy a couple of stock 400's?

Thanks Cheers!
    Last edited by Sea N' Things; 02-16-2011 at 10:46 PM.
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

Quote Originally Posted by Sea N' Things View Post
    Hey guys, I have been reading through out the forum and trying to find out the part no. for the 750lbs fatsac ballast upgrade for the 2010 Moomba LSV. I just bought this boat as a left over 2010 from a local dealer, he has the boat at another dealership about 7hrs away, so i can't get a measurement atm. Long of the short is, what dementions and which 750 fits into the aft lockers? Someone called it a "plug and play" swap.....lol. I am also looking for a sac to fit under the bow cousion filler, if there is such a sac. Not sure on this measurement either but I would like to get one that doesn't stick out beyound the filler cousion. I am thinking 12"x12"x2 1/2' or 3' length at the most. Can someone varify bow and aft measuremets for me and recommanded upgrade.

Thanks Cheers!
    http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-fat-sac.html

you might as well put the 1000lber's you dont need to fill them all the way but at least you got the extra bag for surfing..

for the bow:
    http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-i...d-bow-sac.html

I actually found some 1 in y barb fittings(not t's , y's) I split off the mainline from the pump, 1 to the ski locker the other to the bow... I then took another y fitting and split the bow line to 1 port and 1 starboard bow sac... and ran the overflow out the side next to the stock ski locker overflow
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 02-16-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Default Ballast Upgrade -continued

If I were to install the 1000 lb'ers will there be enough room in the locker if I totally filled them? I like the bungy mesh netting idea for vertical storage which is why i was thinking 750's. The bow bag would be nice if the boat had alot of storage but it doesn't so I would like to keep the storage room under the bow cushions, which is why I would like to find an alt for under the filler cushion.

Thanks for the reply
    Last edited by Sea N' Things; 02-16-2011 at 10:46 PM.

You should call Wake Makers and ask them about the under the filler cushion.

Im assuming your keeping the bag in the ski locker? I can also tell you that your going to have to get some weight in the nose, if you add 750s to the rear and fill them you will never get on plane with the boat. Just too much weight in the rear.

If you only plan to fill them to surf then you will be fine.

I honestly done know if even the bag under the walk-threw seat is worth the money because it will only be like 200 if that. You could just as easy do lead weight in the bow under the seats and get the same result. It wouldn't take that much space eighter.

I think what you need to ask yourself is what is my goal by adding weight to my boat in the first place?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Food for thought for sure! I an just wanting to upgrade the aft sac's (I THINK???) for surfing only. I have never surfed before, i just bought this boat but want to be prepared for this season. I an trying to do my homework, order the parts as to have this boat in tip-top shape. Alot of ppl swaped out the 400's for 750's or 1000's. I would like to be proactive and have this stuff on order at least. I am thinking the 750's will do fine for what I am wanting to do, which is surf. I do have a 400 in the midship floor locker.

Question is do i need to replace my 400's and if so, i'm guessing, the 750's seem to be the most common choice. Do i also need to consider a bow sac or will the midship 400 be adequate?
    Last edited by Sea N' Things; 02-17-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Do yourself a favor, go woth 1100's for the rear from the beginning.

I would say go with the 1100s if you usually go out with very few people but if you always have a full boat the 750's will be plenty, but it is always nice to know you have the extra weight if you need it.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

If your main concern for the bags are surfing then yea you will be perfectly fine with the 750 or the 1100.

I would shy away from the 1100 only because you really need to brace the rear engine bay area. Also these will leave no room for your gear under the doors like you mentioned.

Also if your surfing the 1100 and you only have the 400 in the front what your going to end up with is a really steep wave with a small pocket.

I have surfed Al Cabs boat a lot last summer and hes running the 750 rear and 400 center and thats it. Really nice wave, still steeper then i like but its a nice wave.

I run the 750 and 1050 up front. 400 in my locker and 650 IBS and i have a nice long wave with a pretty steep front area, i tend to run my wake plate at 50% to keep the front of the wave from being too steep.

Problem with too steep in the front of the wave is its a lot easier to rear end your boat with a board.

I can see everyone's point with get the 1100 first and i don't say Don't. I am just saying be prepared to brace the rear locker by the engine bay.

Also something a lot of people haven't mentioned is the same way you take a roller over the front of the bow will happen even more easier with the rear of the boat, and this to me is the Worst place to take rollers.

If you are surfing and drop the throttle that entire surf wave rolls right up on your rear deck, it happens to me with a 750 and a nose bag to level the boat more and i can only imagine how much a 1100 and only 400 up front will cause the rear wave to catch you. You will have to learn to never stop the throttle instantly.

One last thing to think about is the new boats the pump system is in the front of the starboard locker so make sure the 1100 will git length wise, im not sure if there is an issue with fit having your pumps in the locker area. On the older ones like the 08 the pumps and such are in the engine bay.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Well thank you to all, lots of good stuff. I decided to order twin 750's with the bow sac.

That size bags works great for the LSV.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart