Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Got to check out some '11 Moomba & Supra boats at Detroit Boat Show...

I must say, going to the boat show certainly didn't reduce my want to trade-in for an '11 Outback!

Some of the new things I didn't notice in the catalog pictures;
    • New gauges, fuel gauge is now a part of the speedo and it looks AWESOME!
    • The new swim platform pads are pretty cool, with the Moomba engraving, however its not SeaDek, which I thought they were going to use...
    • "carbona texture" on the interior is really nice! It jazzes up the interior a ton, I love it!
    • Darker carpet!!! They didn't have any boats with it, but just knowing it exists makes me want a new boat, I despise the light gray carpet in my boat, it just wears so poorly, good move on adding a dark option!

I'm not sure the logistics work out for me buying a new boat, but we are looking at it, I guess we'll see. Going to the Grand Rapids, Michigan boat show this weekend, hoping to see some different stuff. The Detroit boat show was about 30% the size it was last year, which was really small. It looks like Grand Rapids will have just about every wake & ski boat manufacturer, so it should be a good time.
    2013 Outback V

Can't argue with a new boat. Hope it works out for you. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    [*]"carbona texture" on the interior is really nice! It jazzes up the interior a ton, I love it!
    Is that the silver on seats that most of the 2011 Moomba's seem to have in them?

It stood out to me the second I saw it. Gotta admit, not in a good way.

I love the idea of a new boat, though!!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Yes, it is the silver looking color. In person its a little darker and has a really nice texture, its like a kind of woven type material, I should have snapped a pic.
    2013 Outback V

I know the material you mean Ian. I like the material but it has to be the right color. SC has started using it and Bu and MC have been using it for a while. It gives it like a carbon fiber look almost to the seats.

Wiht the right color combos i like it but i didnt like the White and silver they had at the PDX show.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Id really have to look at Bu and MC to see if its actually the same material. To me, it looks cheap. It was actually the first thing i noticed on the boat. To each his own though.

I could see it being a love it or hate it thing.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Well ok it might not be the Exact material but it is for sure them look.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I like the new material. very nice.
    noticed that supra has gone to fuel doors on both sides. wish every boat would do that. also noticed that the 242 had flush led lights on the bottom of the tower for illuminating the floor of the boat. nice touch..
    the new pads on the moomba decks looked good, even though they are not seadek.

really felt overall that more and more of the manufacturers in the low-mid tier price range have started to step up the quality/fit/finish and are producing an overall better product for the $$
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    noticed that supra has gone to fuel doors on both sides. wish every boat would do that. also noticed that the 242 had flush led lights on the bottom of the tower for illuminating the floor of the boat. nice touch..
    Duel fuel tanks is a very nice feature. Nice to see it extended across the line, i didn't notice that.

Whats with the lights? In the tower or the roswell? I may have missed that too.

Sharp eye sandm
    2016 Moomba Mojo

I dont' think it's duel tanks, just access doors or caps (with necks). This seems really silly to me. Almost every truck takes fuel on the driver's side so why not just put the fuel access on the same side as it ought to be on the truck? Or at least (are you listening SC?) if you are going to only have one put it on that side.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!