Default Exile Pricing/options

Well I recd a local quote from my dealer... Prices are in Canadian (we are in Alberta)... Not sure what you think... Anythoughts are apprecaited (we have a 2008 moomba XLV). I think they are over charging on the wire... Not sure about the amp(s) &/O sub option they provided... Our goal is to add 2 more speakers to the tower (4 in total) at some point which is why they went with a higher rated amp for only 2 speakers... (we dont want to buy a new one next year).... Any thoughts are apprecaited from those who have purchased/installed their own....

Hi Trevor,

Here is the quote as per your request. Package #1 will include the set up for amp and speakers, Package #2 will include the sub and amp.

Package #1

Parts

· Xi800.4 exile amplifier
    · Sxt65 exile speakers (2)

Labor

· 4hrs amp install
    · 3hrs speaker mount
    · 1hrs amp rack

Shop Supplies

· 40 ft speaker wire
    · 25 ft power wire
    · 25 ft ground wire
    · Sfh11wp (distribution block)
    · Fuses
    · GRT5 (ring terminals)

Total Parts and Labor

$2550.00 + GST

Package #2

Parts

· Sm500i mono amp
    · Sx12d subwoofer

Labor

· 2hrs amp install

Shop Supplies

· 15 ft speaker wire
    · 25 ft power wire
    · 25 ft ground wire

Total Parts and labor

$730.00 + GST

In package one they want 5 hours to install an amp, install and amp rack.
    25 ft of power and 25 ft of grnd wire? Where are you putting the amp?, in your tow vehicle?
    Thats crazy money for that, imo....
    REALLY????

Trevor,
    40 ft. of tower wire is close. We figure about 35 ft. of 2-conductor and about 20 ft. on 4-conductor.
    In a recent Moomba the amplifiers should be in the forward port locker with the batteries. An older model or different boat may be different. It should take about 6 ft. to wrap around the locker from the battery to amplifier distribution with a couple short (2 to 3 ft.) and smaller gauge jumpers.
    There should be some synergy and shared but larger cables when running mutilple amplifiers. Perhaps the extra cost is their way of accounting for the upgrade in wire gauge with dual amplifiers.
    Did I miss seeing RCA cables. Better include those.
    There are lots and lots of missing details and parts to perform this installation. Enclosure?
    3 hours sounds right to install a pair of tower speakers, route the tower wiring and neatly loom everything.
    1 hour sounds right to fabricate a nice amplifier mounting panel.
    4 hours sounds right to install the amp mounting panel, amplifier, make a transverse run if necessary, run the battery supply cables, breaker, distribution block, make the terminations, interface with the source unit, tune the amplifier and retune any existing amplifier.
    2 hours sounds right to install the second amplifier and subwoofer.
    While its not exactly the way that I would have constructed the quote, it would be very hard to find fault with anything, especially since no one here is familiar with their methods and quality of execution.

David
    Earmark Marine

Trevor,
    One thing to consider and question is the four-channel amplifer. Bridged into two channels to run a pair of tower speakers makes sense. When you add a second pair of tower speakers they will have to have eight conductors up the tower to run in the four channel mode. And this amplifier will not be developing full power into a 4-ohm stereo load. Or they could series the speakers and run the amplifier bridged thereby limiting the conductors to four and running the same power. Look into the Harpoon two channel. There won't be benefits now with two speakers but there will be power advantages with four speakers. There's no hard rule that you have to run the load down to get max power but you should be aware of your options.

David
    Earmark Marine

David, I did send you a pm... Where about's are you located? Is there an option for me to buy these items from you (everything I would need to install - wires connections etc....?) We are pretty handy with putting in hours to install... the hook up should not be too bad either with a little bit of help.

Is the set up ok as well? ie; is there a better option for the amp or sub?

Thanks again for your help...

Trevor,
    I responded to the PM.
    Now that I know you have a recent model Moomba, my guess is that the dealer did a generic estimate to cover themselves. Upon inspection of the boat I am sure that they will immediately amend their estimate on the wire lengths.
    Your local dealer should be able to service your system in a way that a remote dealer or manufacturer cannot. Please attempt to work things out with the local guys first and then call me if I can help.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Dallas Texas

I'm willing to bet David can help you out. You can save alot of money doing it yourself.

We (Dusty and I) are waiting on a couple items to reveal our install but we are in ours for quite a bit less than that and we replaced all speakers (10 + sub) and rewired the whole boat.

There are a couple good threads in this section. If you decide to do it yourself, check some of those out.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

i wonder how much money exile has made through word of mouth advertising on this forum???
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Trevor- taking a skim read thru your quote options I see a few holes as David has pointed out. If you have a moment, shoot me your contact info by email and I can walk you thru some of your options with the dealer. I should probably speak with your dealer also, as they have a few part numbers listed incorrectly.

Some of the retail costs in canada vary from the USA. I'd echo the comment about working with your local shop because they can help with any trouble shooting that may come up.

All in all we can steer you right. If after you explore your local options you want to buy gear and instal yourself, guys like earmark can help with that too. But shipping is killer internationally.

-Brian
    Exile Audio
    [email protected]

Ps: RD- Thanks for the kind words. I wanna see the pics of your setup when done!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post

Ps: RD- Thanks for the kind words. I wanna see the pics of your setup when done!
    No worries, I sure I will be camera happy throughout the whole process. it would however really suck if it rained that whole week....has my goody box shipped yet?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD