Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default fly high jumbo surf sac

will this fit in the rear locker of a 2008 LSV?

The word is that it fits but guys have shored up the walls and stuff b/c it's so dang big.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

anything will fit, it just depends on how much room you have as to whether it fills to max capacity. my thoughts-it will fill more than the 750 in most boats, so while it may not be maxed out, it will bring a few hundred lbs more than anything else..

second what kane says about reinforcing. lots of info out there on that.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    anything will fit, it just depends on how much room you have as to whether it fills to max capacity. my thoughts-it will fill more than the 750 in most boats, so while it may not be maxed out, it will bring a few hundred lbs more than anything else..

second what kane says about reinforcing. lots of info out there on that.
    The 1100 Jumbo sac does fit although there is a chance of expanding the size of your locker (not a good thing). You will want to reinforce the walls or be very careful and maybe think about adding a proper vent line to the system.

I surfed behind the 2008 LSV a bunch last summer and we didn't add a vent. Instead we used a Fly High Tsunami pump to fill and drain the sac while the factory system was trickling water into the bag.
    Last edited by spencerwm; 02-14-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Because someone in my head told me to

This is how I reinforced my engine compartment. Taking no chances!!! But I always over engineer everything I do! If ya need any info on the build let me know. Glad to help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm gonna have you build my house, I think.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Fits really well in my 08'. It fills every square inch of the locker.

PWI as usual...

so apparently the manufacturers max weight capacity is not necessarily the max weight the boat can carry lol
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Makes ya wonder if you sank your boat and they recovered it with 2500lbs of ballast if they would still pay the repair bills?

I think i would have to get my scuba buddie to down and remove my ballast bags LOL

I run 1800 when we surf and up to 2500 wake boarding with 4 to 8 guys and gals.

So yea the boat wont sink with that weight max. It does how ever make it a lot more easy to sink it.

I only run realy heavy when the water is calm the more wind that picks up and or the more boats around us the lighter i run the nose because to me the death of the boat is the over the bow waves. We take some water over the rear once in a while surfing but not as often.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    We take some water over the rear once in a while surfing but not as often.
    that happens if Martha's on the same lake as you
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart