Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a Moomba

Default Welcome to our Family

Hope you enjoy the boat,

Rick Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by chiro1 View Post
    Hi, I am new to this forum and new to Moomba boats. This afternoon I am picking up a used (55 hours) 2007 Moomba Outback. We have agreed upon a price of $26500 for the boat. I know the MSRP is not that much more for a brand new boat but I can't even come close to this price on a new outback. The dealers are talking high 30's for price. I just can't seem to find a better deal on a Moomba. Am I paying too much or does this sound about right?
    chiro - Hope you strike a deal and buy. I have the same boat ('07 Outback). Took this pic at last summer's owners' reunion in the Chicago area. Best boat I ever owned. - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Chiro, I haven't price any boats lately but my initial impression is it sounds fair. With so few hours, its definately a nothern climate boat (mn as you say). I only have 120 hrs. on mine, bought 2 yrs ago with 85. When you get a chance, post some pictures!
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

I don't understand how you people in Minnesota buy boats! You can only use the thing for like 3 months! and even then the water is cold! lol
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I don't understand how you people in Minnesota buy boats! You can only use the thing for like 3 months! and even then the water is cold! lol
    conversely- I don't understand how you southerners get anything done; I mean if you can boat year round when do you have time to do household repairs, change the oil in your truck, shop for your wife's birthday, go to Thanksgiving dinner etc... I'm already thinking I better get my taxes done before the lake thaws. And if you're like me and plan having your kids around boating season when would you do that either?

Seriously Chiro enjoy that boat- get a dry suit and jump in as soon as the ice melts!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    conversely- I don't understand how you southerners get anything done; I mean if you can boat year round when do you have time to do household repairs, change the oil in your truck, shop for your wife's birthday, go to Thanksgiving dinner etc... I'm already thinking I better get my taxes done before the lake thaws. And if you're like me and plan having your kids around boating season when would you do that either?

Seriously Chiro enjoy that boat- get a dry suit and jump in as soon as the ice melts!
    well although the weather allows for year round boating with the aide of a drysuit down here i dont really get in if the water falls below 70 haha. i couldnt afford to go boating year round anyways, do you have any idea how much gas you would be buying? i cringe just thinking about it
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Cool

70.. If we waited till it got to 70 we would do virtually No boating. 70 is on the verge of bathtub water to us.
    07 Outback DD

21 yrs ago when we moved to florida from Washington state we were out in the water yearround, now were down to about 8 months of water use and slowly working our way down to about 7 months of water use. This keeps up and were going to need to move further south
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

price seems to be in the ballpark. Single axle or dual axle trailer? That would be another bigger item with price disparity. Hope you bought and enjoy. I love mine

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Price seems fair. For comparison, last year at this time I sold our 07 Outback for 23.5k. It did not have a wakeplate or tower speakers, but had everything else. It had about 330 hours if I remember correctly. Considering the low hours, tower speakers, chrome, etc., it looks like you are getting a good deal. Bottom line is this - if you're happy with it, it's a good deal.

Congrats and enjoy the ride!
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback