Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Replying to Topic 'GELCOAT CRACKS AROUND TOWER'

Im not saying that moomba has more gelcoat problems then other manufactures either but at the same time I don't feel like I should have to fork up 800 bucks to fix it. Esspecially when there is an updated repair for it. And it only has 70 hours on it.

And a responce to the pulling two at one time or pulling tubers. I've only pulled a tube behind my boat once and thats because my nephew begged me. I made sure I was where no one could see. I attached it to the slalom pylon. Any one who attaches a tube to a tower is just flat out asking for problems. Its a wakeboard tower not a tubing tower. Iv never pulled more than one boarder on the tower. All the people I ride with would be doing ralley's and crow mobes into each other if we did two at a time. Not a pretty site.

Keaton,

Which dealer are you dealing with?

Rick

Im dealing with Rinkers in Houston but thats besides the piont. This is a manufacture concern not a dealer concern. My dealer has been nothing but good to me every since I bought the boat. They have outstanding service.

Um, maybe Rick just wants more info on your particular case, not to come down on the dealer. I'd be glad to see someone so high up in the company take a personal interest.

I didn't realize that RickT was with moomba. Thanks waterboy for the headsup. And thanks RickT for everything yall have done to help me out. By the way if you ever talk to Chris at Rinkers, let them know they do a great job. They deserve it.

Rick is the President of Skier's Choice. I met him at the Atlanta boat show 3 years ago and he is a great guy.. I plan on seeing him Saturday at the Atlanta show. I hope to get a new Mobius LSV.
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

1st - 1983 old brown boat - not sure the make
    2nd - 2001 Bayliner 185 4 cyl. Sold
    3rd - 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV. Sold

i,ve got an '04 lsv. been dealing with the cracks since before last october. had 5 when it went in for the repair appointment. it sat for a month at the dealers (gonnason boats, kent, washington). didn't get repaired. picked it up and took home. took back the the dealer. glass guy buffed and waxed for "repair". owner of dealership hit trailer with forklift and gouged paint. gave him a piece of my mind of supposed "repair" and trailer damage then took possesion of boat. found 12 more cracks after getting it home. contacted skiers' choice. now we are dealing with the fiberglass guy (john @ tern boats, FANTASTIC) and skiers' choice directly. no word from the dealer about the trailer. picked up the boat from the glass shop and found ANOTHER 12" crack in the back by the rubrail. now we have to take it back again. about the cracks around the tower, the tower mounts are epoxyed on, so to remove the tower mounts you have to remove about 7 layers of fiberglass,too. these were repaired as best possible without taking off the mounts. but we're informed the cracks will come back.
    now we can't get a call back from rob at skiers' choice customer service. majority of these cracks occured while sitting on the trailer in october. what is going to happen next june, july, august? what about '06,'07,'08..... supposedly the dealer signed us up for the 3yr extended warranty. rob said we're signed up, too. no proof though. STILL don't have ANY paperwork, don't know what's covered, where else we can go for repairs. not having a lot of "dockside" pride now, little faith in the manufacturer and will never darken the doorway of gonnason boats. time to make right.
    if any one has any information or knows of whom else we need to talk to, reply here.
    anyone @ skiers' choice can talk to rob in customer service to get more information.
    harris/culver 2004 mobius lsv

well, rob has called us and is in the process of trying to make us happy. yeah rob!other than the cracks, the boat runs great!

i have to say, i am now enjoying a big plate of crow. rob, here at skiers' choice, has really come to the table with some awesome repsonses. we're even talking to the dealer(gonason boats), kevin and jason are dynamite! things will be right here in seattle. talked to some other moomba owners and heard that if you have a problem, after the 1st repair thay have never had another problem. makes us feel better. my freind tom irwin even went down and bought an '05 lsv from the guys this week at the boat show and was treated real good. again, we're very happy now.

Well, that makes me feel better. I cannot believe how hard it is for some people to return a phone call. Folks tend to get hot when there is a lack of communication and/or information. Add to my list for the web page a description of gel coat cracks, why they form, what SC does to minimize them, why they can occur down the road and how they are fixed (for good) when they occur.

Glad to see you happy

SD2

Oh, I recommend drowning that crow in the new spicy A1 Sauce.
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth