Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Razz, it might have been the way mine was set up. It fired to the exterior wall and that was the direction of the ports. I didn't have room for it to fire out. It wasnt alot smaller than what exile is working with and only fit one way. If yall don't have any rattles I REALLY want to hear one. I know earmark makes a big one that takes up no foot room.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Razz, it might have been the way mine was set up. It fired to the exterior wall and that was the direction of the ports. I didn't have room for it to fire out. It wasnt alot smaller than what exile is working with and only fit one way. If yall don't have any rattles I REALLY want to hear one. I know earmark makes a big one that takes up no foot room.
    Yeah i could see where a powerfull sidefire could possiby make it rattle.
    2007 Mobius LSV

KG the reason Exile doesn't put carpet on the box Fascia is actually because to many boats have different color combos. Then Exile would have to stock all these carpets and cover each fascia as it was ordered and that drives cost up and that's passed to the customer.

The color that comes on it is the color that is on 90% of the Moombas today. There have been a couple people with older Moombas that have a different color dash but when the box was being designed and we agreed to add a fascia for a finished look this is the idea we all agreed on.

When i say we i mean Exile and me because since my boat was the testing ground we tried to mimic as many boats and fittings as possible. I choose the vynal because the dash and side panel would blend in to it. Also since i knew my wet feet would be next to it i didn't want to have to worry about more carpet to clean. Its a form and function deal.

Nate chose a different color due to his liking and Brian will do that if you ask but you may pay addition cost and or take longer to get your box. I wouldn't be surprised if you went and bought a yard of the material you liked and shipped it to Brian he would have his guys install that just for you. Brian is very much for making the customer happy.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

For anyone who wants authoritive bass but doesn't want to give up the leg/foot room there are countless alternatives that are within a few dB of a ported 12" sub.
    You can run a sealed 12.
    You can run a 12" with a 12" passive radiator in the same size enclosure as a sealed 12. This is much smaller and within a decibel of the output of a ported 12.
    You can run a bass-reflex 10 and depending on your woofer selection it can actually play lower than many 12s.
    You can run a sealed 13-inch sub that has a natural resonance in the low 20 Hz range. What you give up in the 50 to 60 Hz region you will gain in the 30to 40 Hz region. Its a totally different experience to have this extra emphasis in the lowest registers.
    When you place a speaker against a wall you pick up 3 dB in output toward the lower frequencies. In the corner picks up +6 dB. In the corner and at the floor picks up +9 dB. You won't have quite as much emphasis in a boat because you don't have the extended reinforcing planes as you would indoors.
    But you can take advantage of the underdash helm cavity in a way (sidefiring for example) that will use boundary loading and deliver almost as much gain as that of a typical bass-reflex enclosure (+3 dB).
    So you see there are many ways to skin a cat.
    We've done countless bass-reflex 10s where there was no way we could fully gain the sub. And, we've done a 12" with a 12" PBR where the boat owner (a youthful one at that) came back a day later and ask that we "turn the sub down". Initially it was impressive but getting hammered like that in your face all the time can wear on you and may not be for everyone. Others would have loved it.
    Don't automatically discount a smaller sub enclosure. And don't discount what you haven't heard. And don't discount other methods of execution.

David
    Earmark Marine

yes lets see some pictures so i can get an idea of how i am going to do this when my stuff finally arrives! im hoping it will get here before friday so i can at least look at it before i have to go back to oklahoma for 28 days
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by RobertJ View Post
    Hey Exile Guys,

I am hoping one of you with an '07ish LSV and the Exile Sub Enclosure can measure the space from the front of your box to the base of the seat. If you could take a picture with a tape measure on the floor that would be great. I am trying to decide if I want to buy the pre-built enclosure.

Thank you
    Here you go RobertJ - 14.25" exactly from the seat base to the subwoofer fascia.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al you are the man. Foot 13 inches from yellow toe nail to calloused heal. I won't put the picture in the post.

I am still on the fence but I might do a sealed enclosure.

What's the cost and delivery time for this moomba box? Anybody know?
    2006 Outback V
    1992 Ski Nautique Open Bow

They stopped making them I believe and a custom shop out of the pnw, does them locally.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold