Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Exile Sub Enclosure and Foot Room

Hey Exile Guys,

I am hoping one of you with an '07ish LSV and the Exile Sub Enclosure can measure the space from the front of your box to the base of the seat. If you could take a picture with a tape measure on the floor that would be great. I am trying to decide if I want to buy the pre-built enclosure.

Thank you

Robert im sure Al can take the photo for you or something but the way the prebuilt boxes are designed is measure from the cup holders on the floor.

You will have use of both cup holders so measure from the front edge of the forward cup holder and that is the distance you have left.

Now your feet arnt exactly the normal size LOL. I know my friend Steve who is 6.5 and wears 12s can put his feet there and he says its no issue at all driving as hes my main driver when im not driving.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I wear size 11 and I got used to it real fast, I don't even notice it anymore. I usually have one foot hanging out in the walkway anyway
    2007 Mobius LSV

Size 14's

Are ya'll saying there is only room for your foot to fit between seat and sub box?!? Meaning no actual legroom?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

KG this is a HUGE box, one of the biggest in the industry. I want to say its close to 3cubic feet. If you want to stretch your legs out in the helm then forget any kinda box unless it fits on top of the Helm.

Now in a Supra theres a lot more room in the helm as its taller and the box can be built up more then out.

In the Moomba it has to be build outward. It covers the hunp, even extends over the hump but it does come forward up to the cup holders.

This is one of the design features i < yes i mean me > made sure was implemented in the box design.

When Brian, Me, and Brett < of sound zero boxes > were designing it i had several limiting factors on the box.

1 Had to be made of something that wont rot as Moomba prides them selves on no wood in out boats.
    2 Couldn't pass the cup holders as most of use use them.
    3 It had to easy enough the average joe can install it as most of the people buying this will be DIY peeps.
    4 The heater system and vents all hard to work

When designing it every possible inch of space was used under the helm. For those who have the box they can tell you its a tight fit. Its a jig saw puzzle peace, it only goes in 1 real way. Once its in its just as hard to get it out. This also makes it a great security feature because no one is stealing it without knowing how it fits or breaking it.

Leg room? No there is no room to stretch your legs. But there is room for your feet. Now scoot the seat all the way back and you have a little room but not like enough to steatch out your legs and relax.

Last edited by mmandley; 02-05-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

In a Supra, but unfortunetly not in a Moomba, there is room for a side-firing sealed 12-inch woofer to ride up on the hump and have full leg and foot room under the enclosure and cover facade...all the way to the floor hump.
    In a Moomba you can use a direct radiating sealed 12 or 13-inch woofer enclosure that rests against the hump that is very shallow and only consumes 5 inches of depth at the bottom including the facade.
    In either case this includes drainage behind and below the enclosure so that moisture isn't trapped and you don't have an eventual mold and mildew problem. Plus, in either scenerio this includes external bracketry so that there are no pass-thru holes made in the enclosure.
    You can also use a solvent-base constructed composite board like Medex or MDO that has a 20 year lifespan when used outdoors (used for decades in highway and stop signage).
    But, a bass-reflex enclosure is going to consume over 50 percent more space for that extra 3 dB of output and there is no way around that. So you have to sacrifice a little something to squeeze out that extra db or two or three.

David
    Earmark Marine

I like that box, and the quality looks top notch from what you can see, but it really looks like it eats up a lot of legroom.

personally, I would want a more solid grill around the sub as well. looks like an accidental smaller foot could get in there.

that being said, have not heard a bad thing about any of the exile products. would love to hear a system in person using their products.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Robertj - I just had Exile build a vented enclosure for their Big15 for my boat. The enclosure is 3.5 cubic feet and comes out to the cupholder. Granted our boats are slightly different but I'll let you know how much foot room I have. And I wear size 14s as well. My boat is at AWS getting the sun deck cushion installed finally (this time correctly).

Sandm - When you make it out this way I'll let you have a listen.
    Nate

I just ordered the enclosure for my 08 LSV and am looking forward to it arriving and being able to install it. that being said my 08 LSV does not have those driver side cup holders. does anyone know if that is a piece I can order from moomba or will i have to fabricate the cup holders my self? i really enjoy having a beverage while i cruise the lake and not having somewhere to put it is a huge let down!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD