Thread: Hockey

Default Hockey

I know that there were a few people how had mentioned hockey on here before so I thought that I would throw a couple pictures of the rink that I help run. It is a small community about 1000 people, but we have two Zambonis, boards and lights. Many people tell us that it is the best outdoor rink for 50+ miles.

-Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Gonna shoot my movie there. It's called "Rink of Dreams".
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

very cool & you ain't kidding with your location: "3 minutes from glass" if one of those houses is yours

Haha thanks guys. Its a pretty cool deal. We get about 15-20 people a night skating.
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

NewGuy - Is there a warming hut? Think you would need one, especially if playing under lights when the temp gets even colder. Also, who floods the rink? Man, that's gotta be a cold job. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

There is a warming hut but the town uses it for their water department billing so we cannot. It sucks but we deal with it.

I flood the rink with a 2.5 in water cannon that I made. It puts out about 110gpm and the total rink takes just over 100,000 gals to make. It is a really cold job because we cannot flood unless the air temps are in the single digits.

And my buddy Mike helping out.
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"

awesome pics........ I am part of the crew in our small town of 400 that volunteers to run the rink in the wintertime.... i mainly drive the zamboni and do ice maintenance on the skating side. Those curling guys are on their own... lol! that's a pretty cool way to get your ice going... we use a fire hose attachment.
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Sweet! That ice looks as good as the indoor rink I play at. I am way, way jealous!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV