Default OEM Roswell tower package upgrade?

I have an 09 roswell 3 light ,4 speaker (Kicker I believe).......are there any direct speaker upgrades that would fit int the oem cans?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

What's your can size? Kicker has an HLCD setup that goes in a lot of stock cans.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Doug,
    I have to agree that the Kicker HLCD system would be a great drop in. And, its priced right. Powerful and yet smooth. This would be my first choice in that Roswell bar.
    Another option is two pair of the WetSounds XS650 coaxials because they have a sealed dustcap midbass driver for more surface area plus a bridge-mounted full 1-inch metal dome tweeter that is good for projection as far as a direct radiating tweeter goes.

David
    Earmark Marine

I have the older roswell set up (cans with flat back) and the krypt HLCD fit with no problems. Last year I ran bullet coaxials in the cans and they sounded great.

I'm suprised david didn't mention the bullets along with the wetsounds. Any reason david?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

KG,
    Yes, I'm a major Bullet HollowPoint proponent but I'm even more of an advocate for application driven selections versus the bias of brand preference alone.
    The HollowPoint coaxial went through a slight mod in a second generation and now its just a bit warmer. Its got a full 1-inch treated textile dome with a second order crossover. Ferrofluid cooling. A true carbon fiber midbass. Its a fantastic in-boat coaxial that has a smooth octave to octave balance with incredible midbass...maybe even best in class. What makes it so good in the boat does not necessarily transfer to the tower. Since I'm not listening to it within a 5 foot proximity I would prefer something that is biased a little brighter so that it can get a little projection at wakeboarding range. For that I would prefer a hard dome rather than a soft dome. Also, alot of people who have heard them like the Exile SXT65 tower speaker with a non-HLCD direct radiating tweeter. It won't project quite like an HLCD but it still has an aggressive top end. And, most importantly it has a sealed midbass driver which makes a huge difference when using a small 6.5-inch in a small sealed pod. If you look for those identical attributes in a conventional coaxial (sealed midbass with greater surface area and a full 1-inch titanium dome) but in the raw for use in an existing pod, this brings you to the top WetSounds coaxial.
    As for an HLCD, I really don't like a 6.5 in a smallish pod. After you take the large midbass voice coil and open center you have a smaller cone surface area. There also isn't alot of room left for a spider in a standard basket. That is precisely why HollowPoint discontinued their 6.5-inch HLCD offering and why I don't really care for any 6.5 HLCD Proaxial...no midbass extension and overly bright. In this case the Kicker HLCD has as much surface area in a single 6.5 midbass as others have in two, plus their proprietary basket supports a larger and more linear spider that is the heart of the mechanical suspension. Don't forget that it has a solid dustcap and is totally sealed so that the pod does not vent through the voice coil gap and porous spider. Thus superior midbass. The separate horn has a constant progressive horn flare without protracted parallel surfaces and is fully developed so it lacks that signature "horn" sound. An outstanding crossover network btw.
    Personally, I might prefer two pair of larger 770 HLCDs if starting from scratch. But in the existing 7-inch O.D. pods the above two options are the clear winners. Keep in mind that we have or have had every one of these propositions on display side by side and have listened to each extensively.
    I hope that answers the question but fire away if you have more.
    David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I have the older roswell set up (cans with flat back) and the krypt HLCD fit with no problems. Last year I ran bullet coaxials in the cans and they sounded great.

I'm suprised david didn't mention the bullets along with the wetsounds. Any reason david?
    For the budget minded, warranty issue questions out there, the K's can be had for around 200 per pair direct or through ebay. my .02 they fit and sound great for what you pay for them.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

From a cost standpoint the options that I mentioned are right there in the same neighborhood.

David
    Earmark Marine