Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receiver Poll

Question Receiver Poll

Just wanted to see which manufacturer everyone thinks has the best marine receiver. I am not familiar with MB Quart....at least not since I started researching boats to buy as my first Wakeboard boat.... Are the MB Quart's any good??? Any comments are appreciated!
    Troy

2009 Outback V

MQ QUART is good equipment , however I dont think MB Quart makes their Marine equipment(radios thats is). I believe there is a 3rd party that manufactures it. My 2010 LSv came with the MQ quart system with the remote black box(its basically 3 wired remotes that go to the blackbox) It did crap out on me but it was replaced under warranty and seems to be working fine..

MB Quart wouldnt even talk to me about the warranty they had me call a seperate division that didnt even seem to be part of MB Quart.. I could be wrong though..

My boat was towed about 1000 miles in the rain for about 500(without cushions and without a cover) it was soaked beyond belief.... So I think this is why the radio took a sh!t....
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 01-31-2011 at 08:45 PM.

I've had good luck with kenwoods excelon series in all my cars the last 10 years, so I stuck with kenwood product, and it replaced a kenwood unit. No complaints. I know there are units from other vendors that have more features/better adjustments, but my take is its an open air boat, not a concert hall, so my only concern was preout voltage and usb compatibility. Don't need a zillion adjustments and eq levels..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post

My boat was towed about 1000 miles in the rain for about 500(without cushions and without a cover) it was soaked beyond belief.... So I think this is why the radio took a sh!t....
    Where the amp board is on these boats, does it have a negative effect on the amps if you tow in the rain?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Where the amp board is on these boats, does it have a negative effect on the amps if you tow in the rain?
    No. My boat was on a flatbed backwards with now cushions... the rain was just funneling in.... when the cushions are in there is no way water would physically hit any electronics under the passenger dash

so i went to best buy the other day to look at stereo head units and the sales guy was like these wont work in a boat bla bla bla they are not marine bla bla bla.

my question is how much worse is the enviroment of a boat when the radio is in a glove box as oppose to that of a car where the windows are down all the time due to no AC?

i mean both are going to deal with relatively the same amount of humidity, high temperatures, and cold temperatures. i dont think it will make a difference as long as you keep your glove box dry.

any other opinions?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Never used marine in any boat, imo it's only an issue if you live in a high humidity region or near the ocean.
    2007 Mobius LSV

well i live just outside of houston but the humidity is the same for my truck, which routinely sees windows down driving and if you down have the ac on then the humidity will be the same. i can understand the need for marine gear when it comes to speakers because they are outside, get sunlight and water splashed directly on them but the stereo just sits in the glove box
    David

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    well i live just outside of houston but the humidity is the same for my truck, which routinely sees windows down driving and if you down have the ac on then the humidity will be the same. i can understand the need for marine gear when it comes to speakers because they are outside, get sunlight and water splashed directly on them but the stereo just sits in the glove box
    Agreed, a marine rated head unit is not necessary in our boats esp since they live in the glove box.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Just finished tonight installing a Kenwood KMR440U reciever with a
    KCA-RC107MR driver side remote. This set up is NICE. The receiver has a USB port so you can use a thumb drive and the remote has a digital read out and is capable of controlling every aspect of the receiver with out ever having to open the glove box. I paid $145.00 for the receiver & $90.00 for the remote. I would highly recommend this set up. Pretty easy intall with a few modifactions.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!