Default Kenwood Ipod Adapter Question

I have the Kenwood KDC-MP232 head unit (stock in my '07 Outback) and I found this http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113IP50...ab=other_items Ipod adapter. I know it is compatible with my head unit - but I have two Aeware remotes hooked up to this head unit (drivers seat and back of boat). Does anyone know if there will be room to hook this up as well?
    Although there are similar threads about this, none of them address this specific issue, so please don't jump on me for that! Thanks Y'all!

From what I can tell, in reading the specs, it only has the capability of one wired remote and one other aux input (either another remote or the ipod apapter) Doesnt seem like it will allow for three inputs. Hve you checkthe bak of the head unit? It may be possible if both remotes that are currently hooed are done via a pigtail that inputs both to one spot on the deck.

Txski,
    The ipod adapter plugs into the Sirius/CD Changer port which is entirely separate from the remote control plug. There is a Kenwwod expansion module that is available for multiple sources if that were to ever apply. Again, the added ipod device will have no bearing on the existing remote controls.
    Second remotes are simply 'Y'd off the single conductor provision in a hardwired manner. You can in fact add more remotes but they will become finicky. I know that's a little extra info. Your situation should be plug and play without complications.

David
    Earmark Marine

do a search on ipod adapters taht one is overpriced and takes over control of you ipod so use have to use the slow reacting small mr 232 buttons.

I bought a peripheral kenwood ipod connect to the cd changer at est buy for like 30.00 bucks
    heres is on on ebay. multiple inputs

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1206212...=263602_309572
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Jmvotto, on this setup, you control the iPod through the iPod itself and not on the head unit?

Only thing to note, if you do control the iPod through itself and not on the head unit, you lose your ability to switch tracks from the transom of the boat.

I like the idea of the multi adapter because I occasionally use a driod through the headjack. I may have to look into a splitter, though, so i can keep transom controls. Or a splitter to the device you linked so all the options are there ...
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I am using the IP500 and have not had any issues with it. I took mine apart and through a lot of testing found that if I opened the connection on a "green" wire using a switch that I installed in my glove box, I could change the control from the Ipod to the head unit. With the button in (Closed connection), the ipod is controlled by the remotes and the head unit. With the button out (Open Connection) the ipod is controlled by the ipod and the head unit desplays "E-60", looses control of the Ipod, but still plays the music. I have gotten it to work with a 1st Gen Classic, 4th Gen Nano and a 1st Gen ITouch. Toggling between the controls is a little tricky though. You have to cycle away from the Ipod to tuner then back after pressing the button. My wife likes to play with the Ipod while she is on the boat, but when I go without her, I like to toss it in the glove box and control it from the remotes and yes it plugs into the CD Changer port like mentioned above.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Thanks a lot guys. I ended up getting the peripheral cable that has the rca ports, headphone jack, and charger. The kenwood one that you could change using only the stereo ended up not being compatible with the iphone 4 so I guess it wouldn't have done me any good anyways.

For those of you using the peripheral cable, did you cut a hole and run the wires through the glove box or is there a better way? Does anyone have pictures of how they ran theirs? Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Txskyski View Post
    Thanks a lot guys. I ended up getting the peripheral cable that has the rca ports, headphone jack, and charger. The kenwood one that you could change using only the stereo ended up not being compatible with the iphone 4 so I guess it wouldn't have done me any good anyways.

For those of you using the peripheral cable, did you cut a hole and run the wires through the glove box or is there a better way? Does anyone have pictures of how they ran theirs? Thanks again!
    I took a dremel and notched the 12 v dc plug in the glove box slighlty enough to get the wires through. Got the idea from another member just can't remeber who.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

So they sneak through but there's no visible hole? Ingenious!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!