Default Clearance Questions

I have an 08 XLV with the Z5 Cargo Bimini which is currently snuggled up nice and warm in the garage waiting for the snow to stop falling. I have the tower collapsed and it is too tight to get around it to get measurments until I can pull it out come spring time. I am wanting to get some tower speakers and lights and was wondering if anyone has had any issues with speakers that hang down low enough that they get in the way of the Z5 Rack? Thanks
    08 XLV

Look at my XLV album in my profile. You'll see the clearance I have with Bullet HP 770 HLCD tower speakers. I'm 6'00" and don't hit my head on the speakers. There's also enough clearance that I can remove my surf boards from the Z5 without having to hinge the Z5 down

The hang height of the HollowPoint 770s referenced above is a maximum of 8.75"... less without the polished top caps. That is a very compact dimension for a pod that houses a speaker just shy of 8-inches.

David
    Earmark Marine

Thanks guys
    08 XLV

i think it will also depend on how your Z5 is mounted. it can be adjusted a bit up and down.
    mine was originally installed by a short service tech, i could not stand under it. they raised it up now i clear ok, but i have never measured from the Z5 to the tower. i don't think it is 8". but i have LSV and the tower is different than yours.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved