Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Brian adds another to the Exile family

well, i've been snooping and reading... and reading.... and reading a lot this winter!! I wasn't happy with the quality of sound of my current speaker set-up so after debating back and forth for a while with myself i pulled the trigger and ordered 2 sets of SXT65's and a harpoon amp to run them. I also have purchased 3 sets of the SX65C in cabin speakers from Futureshop (gotta love gift cards) to replace the stock Kenwood speakers. I have a Kenwood amp to run them. I'm happy with the JL audio 12" sub and amp set up so i'm leaving that alone. I also managed to sell the current tower speakers which were a roswell 4 can setup to my little brother for his boat, so i was able to recoup some of my cost as well. The only thing that sucks right now is my boat is buried in our quoncet at the farm with the high clearance sprayer and a couple of combines in front of it. And there is about 6 feet of snow in front of the door as well. At least i know that it can't be stolen lol!! I probably won't be able to get it out until the very end of april and that is right when work gets stupid busy for me

I also have to:
    Install my PP Stargazer
    install underwater LED light
    install all the LED's i bought for the cupholders and such

Stereo goes in first so i can at least listen to tunes while i'm working on stuff!!

GEoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Very nice, Geoff. Looking forward to some pictures of the install. I don't think you should add the new gear to your signature until you get it installed though. It's some additional motivation to get it all completed.

trust me.... i don't need any extra motivation!! lol! I'm already scheming to get that yard pushed out so i can get to the boat sooner and get it into the shop in late march or early april, my goal is to be on the water with everything done to it for may long weekend... drysuit weather but i have some other crazies that are willing to go with me!

Geoff

Congrats! Sounds like a fun project. I can say that since I'm on the tailend, ha.

Looking forward to seeing pictures.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Yep Ed... i was thinking the same thing about the dual zone control.... i'll be picking one of them up right away here to.

Geoff

Geoff -

Welcome to the family. If you need any help with the install, drop me a line or email. Especially for the tuning setup. Ed's comments about the angles / on the water alignment are accurate. Although you should have a pretty wide field of sound right out of the box.

I think your going to be VERY surprised how much of an upgrade this new configuration will be over the past setup.

Send me some finished pics and I'll have my guy put them up in our gallery. Same goes for you Ed. We've got a new website launching here shortly.

Cheers!

-Brian

I think Ed's comments are related to the height. When the speakers are parallel to the ground when sitting on the trailer it looks appropriate. But when you're loaded down, pulling and the boat is seriously squatted the speakers can be directed down to the water rather than out to the rider. Depending on the amount of ballast and surfing versus boarding, it can be a little different with each boat.

David
    Earmark Marine

Ed, you know I've never been behind Martha, I'd like to give that outbackV wave a go and listen to some tunes
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    the Kicker Dual zone control - a sound $70 investment
    Did he really call that thing a "sound" investment????????????
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

will do. soon as it warms up a bunch
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart