Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Our "new" Supra!!!

I posted this over on Supra, so forgive me if this is the second time you see this!

Well, several people already know, I was gonna hold off until I got the winter stereo project tied up, but it's a slow day. So here ya go.

Sold the 2006 Launch 20ssv, and bought this:

2006 24 SSV Gravity Games Edition
    103 Hours

First 3 pics are from the seller when we inquired about it:

This was when we were picking it up at Atlanta Marine. He is putting the new wakeboard prop on before we left.

I left Dallas at 2:00 on a Friday afternoon, drove to Arkansas to pick KG up, and we pulled into ATL around 4am Saturday. Grabbed a few hours of sleep, and got to ATL Marine at around 9am. From that point on, it was one of the longest days of my life. This boat was being brought in by the seller who was using it as a trade in for a new Worlds Edition. When it showed up, it was nothing as described. Carpets were nearly completely brown from stains, interior as a whole was filthy, didn't have the prop I was told, the list goes on and on. Being that we arrived before the boat even did to the dealership, they didn't have time to address this stuff, and hadn't seen it before, so they were as shocked as we were. The owner of ATL finally stepped in and took great care of me. He slapped the brand new prop on it, had the seller pay for my matching spare tire/wheel since the pics had it that he provided, repaired the seat behind the driver that was cracked, and basically bent over backwards to make sure I was happy. Finally, around 4 or 5 that afternoon, KG and I were on our way. I dropped him off at his house at 1am Sunday, and hit the last 4 hour leg by myself, pulling in at home at 5:30 Sunday morning. Talk about a crazy trip.

The plan was to get up around noon and take my girls out that afternoon, but we were blessed with a wonderful Texas 30mph wind! And to top it off, the first week of Freezing temps to follow, so I had to winterize it that day rather than get to go out!

It has been torn apart since that day, doing the "winter stereo project" which will be unveiled here soon. I could talk about our trip for hours, there were def. some unforgettable moments.

awesome looking boat!! That sucks that it wasn't as described but glad to hear the dealer stepped in an made things right!! to bad the dealer is so far away from you... sounds like a good place to go!

geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Congrats Dusty on the red n' (almost) ready Supra! Props to KG for being the wingman on this one. I'll bet it was a great adventure. Sounds like there were a lot of up and down moments other than the hills. Nice!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yeah, he knows how much I appreciate him rolling with me. It was a big help.

For future reference, when you are in a pickle, 1300 miles from home, and are about to drive the entire way back home boatless, NEVER underestimate what leaving the scene for a few to go sit down away from everything and have a cold beer. It changed the entire day. After that refreshing cold beer, everything feel right into place. It was difficult to not stop back in and have a few celebratory pitchers, but no way were we going to stay the night, ATL needed to be in the mirror asap!

WOW - it's a good thing the deal went through the dealer or you might have been on your way home empty?

Nice looking boat!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Nice, I really like those 24 SSV's.
    Sounds like quite a trip - glad it worked out!!!

Can't wait to see the stereo upgrade pictures!
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Lesson here might be to ask one of the guys on here who is local to go check out the boat and snap some current photos for you before you get on the road. I'm sure Wolfeman or somebody would have been happy to do that. Heck, I've heard of people on here or their spouses going to check out puppies for others.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

This was through atlanta marine, I didn't get to deal with the seller. And the seller delivered the boat to the dealer the morning we got there. Otherwise, I would have had someone check it out.

Dusty - That's one of the best lookin' boats I have seen. Congratulations! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    This was through atlanta marine, I didn't get to deal with the seller. And the seller delivered the boat to the dealer the morning we got there. Otherwise, I would have had someone check it out.
    I understand. I've been there too-- I've driven 11 hours to look at a boat with cash in my pocket -- alone. Not much you could have done this time. Glad it's such a nice looking boat that everything you do will be worth it. Enjoy!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!